Average Price $144.3
Manufacturer VDP
Recommended Yes: 18 / No: 2

6 speaker sound/light bar

#2 ·
Price $50
Rating 2
Recommended no

Comments: Got this on a close out deal. Speakers that came with it were terrible. Upgraded to Sonys, much better sound. Now I need a sub.

#4 ·
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: great sound...got it for christmas, so i'm not sure about the price, but i'd say it's probably worth it

#6 ·
Price $230
Pros Decent sound
Cons Not the highest quality speakers
Recommended yes

Comments: This is a good starting soundbar to work from. My older model sounds alright with the speakers it comes with, personally i am going to replace the 6 inch speakers with higher quality aftermarket ones. The bar itself is great, compact and fits well on the roll bars. Not the best but not the worst.

#8 ·
Price $176
Pros Great Sound, Fairly Easy Install
Cons Not As Loud As One Would Think, No Weather Protector Available
Recommended yes

Comments: Not plug-and-play, will require line splicing or re-wiring, not as loud as i thought but much better than stock, sound quality is great but I'd like it louder. Other than taking care of wires, it bolted right in. Sits higher than stock soundbar but did not affect the hardtop. Very happy.

#9 ·
Price $150
Pros Slightly better sounding than stock, more range.
Cons Guess it requires an amp because it doesn't get too loud before it reverbs out
Recommended yes

Comments: When I bought it I guess I expected the speakers to be louder than stock, after I installed my Marine Sony cd/mp3/radio, It didn't sound too much better than the stock soundbar. I might have to uninstall/reinstall using wire connectors instead of the old electrical tape.

#10 ·
Price $151.75
Pros Easy install, sounds amazing, and weather proof
Cons center lights are a little flimsy and not very bright
Recommended yes

Comments: The wiring was easy to install, and bolt to the rollbar easily. the wiring splices right into the existing harness. then has a simple plug on the the speaker end. the color of the fabric matched the interior color matched exactly. comes with hardware for a TJ and YJ.

#11 ·
Price $190
Pros looks nice
Cons doesn't sound any better than the stock sound bar.
Recommended no

Comments: 6" subs, 4" midrange, and 2" tweeters. Sounds as good as my stock soundbar did. I thought i was upgrading... I wish i hadn't switched out the wiring. Doesn't get as loud as the stock soundbar did.

#12 ·
Price $139.99
Pros Great sound right where you want it!
Cons the screws they give you strip easy.
Recommended yes

Comments: Great product! Got it off ebay for $140 brand new FREE shipping! ebay users (you want a deal) or something like that, It said he had plenty. Easy to intall, took about 30 minutes. Great clean sound, right where yo want it! I strongly recommend this product.

#13 ·
Price $150
Pros great sound all around, passengers in the back, even with the top down can hear it
Cons slightly reduced headroom, especially if bouncing around, for us taller gentlemen
Recommended yes

Comments: VDP soundbar overall good purchase, six speakers are great. HIghs out the tweeters are clear and the bass is surprisingly good as well. Great for a day with the top down.

#14 ·
Price $200
Rating 4
Pros Ease of wiring, gives sound to the rear seats, sound quality far better than stock 3" dash mounted speakers, great dome lights, "looks like it belongs to the Jeep"
Cons Provided screws strip easily, sound not as loud as expected, fuse wire was 2 feet short after routing.
Recommended yes

Comments: 6 SPEAKER SOUND BAR 87-02 WRANG-BLACK 792515
$200 +shipping. Quadratec.

Installed in a '91 YJ.

The speakers look great and appear to be well constructed. The screws provided stripped very easily (VDP provided wood screws to mount the bracket to sound bar and non-tapping sheet metal screws to mount it all to the roll bar). I purchased 2.5" bolts, lock washers, nuts and wall anchors from Sears Appliance store. I used these to secure the mounting brackets to the soundbar and the whole unit to the roll bars. Wiring is too easy to mention. The only drawback to wiring is that the lead going to the fuse box was about 2 feet short (easily compensated for).

The sound quality is far better than the 3" dash mounted speakers. At normal levels the sound doesn't bleed over into surrounding traffic but can be easily heard by the passengers on both urban roads and highways.

Additionally it's great to finally have a dome light. There are two independent bi-directional lights that can be aimed left or right. At night they are bright enough to see the floor boards yet soft enough to be used by the rear seat passengers without reducing driver's night vision.

Great addition to the stock 3" dash-plate speakers and a recommended purchase.

**Update**

Two months later: Head room has not been an issue, sound quality is good, quality of sound reaching the rear seats is great. Oh yea...they're water resistant too (I found that out the hard way). Now I'm conjuring up a way to rig the dome lights to the door lamp.

**Update**

Four months later: Been good to go all summer. Recommended product. :thumbsup:

**Update**

Almost a full year later. We're very happy with the VDP soundbar. Very pleased. :thumbsup:

Attachments

#15 ·
Price $189
Pros better quantity and quality of sound.
Cons haven'tfound one yet
Recommended yes

Comments: Was bought thru Quadratec and arrived pretty fast. Has greatly increased the overall sound compared to the factory speakers in the dash. took longer to remove top to install than it did to install.

#16 ·
Price $200
Pros More Volume!
Cons Low light in dome lights, one speaker cover fell off
Recommended yes

Comments: The PO installed this on my jeep and im thankful for it! I have read that with stock sound systems people cant here on the interstate with the top down. No problem with this! :)

#18 ·
Price $139
Rating 5
Pros Good sound, easy to install
Cons None so far, as long as it lasts.
Recommended yes

Comments: Bought this item off Amazon 3 months ago. Arrived in perfect condition and was simple to install. Lights and speakers all still work perfectly.

Had the same product on my previous Jeep, one of the lights quit working on it. But speakers worked great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.