Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7
185 Posts
Hi guys I have a question, I am a bit confused on how the Quadra Drive system works. I have a 2004 Jeep grand Cherokee Quadra drive and last year they replaced my rear differential with another one. Now that I’ve gone off roading going through twist only my front driver and rear passenger works, or vice versa depending on the twist. I’ve been thinking either they did not put a Quadra drive rear differential with a vari lock or the clutches went out. I’m inclining more that the clutches did go out, because lets say they did not install a Quadra drive rear differential, the front one is a Quadra Drive differential and both front tires should be spinning correct?
sound like they gave you and open differencial when you got the swap

·
Registered
2002 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7
185 Posts
I ran that size in mud terrains (32" JK Rubicon takeoffs) for over 7 years and I still run 32's (highway tread) to this day, and it hasn't caused any issues to my varilocks. We have kept up to date on fluids and maintenance since my family bought it new off the lot though.
the BLACK WJ is so good looking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.