Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a question, I am a bit confused on how the Quadra Drive system works. I have a 2004 Jeep grand Cherokee Quadra drive and last year they replaced my rear differential with another one. Now that I’ve gone off roading going through twist only my front driver and rear passenger works, or vice versa depending on the twist. I’ve been thinking either they did not put a Quadra drive rear differential with a vari lock or the clutches went out. I’m inclining more that the clutches did go out, because lets say they did not install a Quadra drive rear differential, the front one is a Quadra Drive differential and both front tires should be spinning correct?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought mine with 99k from a single owner fully stock. So eaven if the rear diff was mistakenly put on from a non quadradrive wj, the front one should work properly correct, both front should spin for example if i was at a twistie?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will the tires stuffed in to the body will keep them from rotating, i will assume the power of the engine is very strong, that shouldnt stop them, dont you think? Also im going to send you a video from the same spot but from a year ago, dirt wasnt too loose, made it good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
These last 2 videos i send you are from a year ago. Between the first 2 videos i sent you and these last 2, i went off roading maybe once. I hope it just needs a fluid change. Now my last question to you is this, if you look and hear the tires on the very last video is that the quadra drive kicking in after you hear the tires spin couple times? Then it sounds like it grabs, if it is i believe thats how quadradrive should perform.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.