Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked-up a Fully Loaded 2019 Grand Cherokee Overland High Altitude. It’s a Canadian version I got here in the US. The only thing so far I can see that’s different, is it doesn’t say Overland on the seats or any badges outside either. Anyone know what else might be different from a US version?

Thanks,
Dave...

·
My Reality Check Bounced
18,534 Posts
How the DRLs work are different I think.

·
My Reality Check Bounced
18,534 Posts
Unless somethings has changed recently, you cannot get warranty service in the US on a Canadian vehicle unless you are a tourist (i.e. Canadian plates). I hear you can get service in Canada. Jeep Canada and Jeep US operate like two separate companies.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Unless somethings has changed recently, you cannot get warranty service in the US on a Canadian vehicle unless you are a tourist (i.e. Canadian plates). I hear you can get service in Canada. Jeep Canada and Jeep US operate like two separate companies.
True - My warranty is void on my 2020 since I registered it in the US (LA). I couldn't even purchase a warranty from Mopar

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True - My warranty is void on my 2020 since I registered it in the US (LA). I couldn't even purchase a warranty from Mopar
PKman, have you looked into getting a 3rd party warranty? I can't image not having some kind of warranty on these Expensive Driving Computers! I know I want to get something good, just not should who's the Best 3rd party warranty company?

Dave...

·
Registered
546 Posts
UConnect in Canada doesn't not have Wifi, well it does, but its disabled. Jeep was not able to secure a internet carrier here for what ever reason....at least that's how it was in 2014...might be different now.

·
Registered
203 Posts
PKman, have you looked into getting a 3rd party warranty? I can't image not having some kind of warranty on these Expensive Driving Computers! I know I want to get something good, just not should who's the Best 3rd party warranty company?

Dave...
I actually started buying a policy from Endurance but my wife panicked at the cost since we were in the middle of buying a house. Looking into it again. I don't know who offers the best 3rd party warranty? The selling dealer told me I would be able to get a refund on part of the extended warranty I originally purchased, but when it came down to it they lied.

·
Registered
867 Posts
You need to look into the business case of any third-party warrantees. They often have so many exclusions you are better off just putting the money aside and using it to pay for repairs if needed. Mechanically the WK2s are very reliable vehicles, they may have some minor issues but it's very unlikely a WK2 will leave you stranded at the side of the road.

Many of the user issues are related to electronic features that are unlikely to be covered by a third-party warranty anyway. They usually also exclude any repairs associated with air suspension.

Your best insurance is to perform the manufactures recommended maintenance schedule, either do it yourself or go to a Jeep dealer or use a local shop if you can find one you can trust. Where I live there are some incredible independent workshops but there are also some really bad ones so you have to do some research.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts