Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
If you're going to Mackinaw, Drummond is the best choice! Lots of trails that as long as you have 30s or bigger you can do the majority. The maps are horrible. Shell Beach (I think it's called) is the only thing to see on the north side and is well worth the drive. The Turtle Ridge offroad park would probably be a bit much for you and is more fun with a friend.
I was curious about this. Are there good (legal) trails on the island besides Turtle Ridge park?

·
Registered
863 Posts
We would love to get together for a ride! Our plans changed a bit and we won't be bringing camping gear, but we are going to be in Wausau, Wisconsin on Thursday, July 5 and then planned to go over to Mackinaw in Michigan Friday, July 6. If anyone knows of good rides in those spots or in between and wants to join we would love to meet up! We don't have recovery gear and are fairly new, so I am nervous to ride alone. But we haven't seen much of Michigan and would love to ride and meet people! Let me know if you guys want to put something together!
It's kind of short notice, but those dates almost work for me. I couldn't tell you where to go (haven't been there), but I understand about not going alone. I be interested in knowing where you're staying and for how long once you get to that area (Drummond Island).

·
Registered
863 Posts
What's the next big event for Drummond Island?
I would like to hit the dunes on the way up and then come down on the Wisconsin side.
I'm off around the 4th of July, but I'm thinking everything would be extra crowded. So maybe later in the year would be better.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I plan on being at Drummond Island the weekend of July 6th. If anyone's free that weekend, I would love to have someone to show me around. Looking for lodging too. Probably wont have camping gear yet. Hope the water goes down, I'll still be on 33s.

·
Registered
863 Posts
How back road are you talking? Once you get past somewhere between Escanaba and Green Bay the driving is relaxed and remote even on the main roads/highways and pass through small towns with small diners and stuff.
I was thinking forest service roads, but that might take too long. I was planning on driving from Milwaukee to Drummond in one day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.