Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not able to get the vented seats to work. I turned on ‘front vented seats present’ in JScan which did make the icon appear in the uconnect screen. It will not turn on when I click on it. The new drivers seat has the memory harness and all plugs attached. When I go under MODULES in JScan and click on MEMORY SEATS it says "this module is not installed in this vehicle". I added the memory seat switch and wiring in the driver's door with no luck making it register. I’ve read that’s there’s a second vented seat setting that has to be turned on under memory so I think that’s my problem. I have the MSM (memory seat module) setting active that's under MODULES CABIN NETWORK. I spoke with JScan support and they weren't able to help me.

The seats and console are laguna leather from a 2021 Trackhawk that I purchased from Ebay. All the wiring matched up in my 2020 Altitude. I already had heated front seats and it works in the new ones also. The new rear seats are heated and I don’t have the wiring in the back for that. So I’m not gonna worry about that for now. The factory passenger seat was manual and the new seat is power. Once plugged in, power and lumbar settings all work correctly on both sides. Both USB plugs in the back of the new console work also, my factory console didn't have them.

Attachments

·
My Reality Check Bounced
19,537 Posts
Did the new seats also come with their module. I wonder if this is one of those options that has to be added to the VIN and the PCM reflashed.... you could try resetting the Jeep by disconnecting the battery(s) for 5 minutes.

I think the PCM decodes the VIN and configures the other modules. Perhaps the PCM isn't telling the BCM that vented seats are present. So that second setting may be buried in the PCM?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm not able to get the vented seats to work. I turned on 'front vented seats present' in JScan which did make the icon appear in the uconnect screen. It will not turn on when I click on it. The new drivers seat has the memory harness and all plugs attached. When I go under MODULES in JScan and click on MEMORY SEATS it says "this module is not installed in this vehicle". I added the memory seat switch and wiring in the driver's door with no luck making it register. I've read that's there's a second vented seat setting that has to be turned on under memory so I think that's my problem. I have the MSM (memory seat module) setting active that's under MODULES CABIN NETWORK. I spoke with JScan support and they weren't able to help me.

The seats and console are laguna leather from a 2021 Trackhawk that I purchased from Ebay. All the wiring matched up in my 2020 Altitude. I already had heated front seats and it works in the new ones also. The new rear seats are heated and I don't have the wiring in the back for that. So I'm not gonna worry about that for now. The factory passenger seat was manual and the new seat is power. Once plugged in, power and lumbar settings all work correctly on both sides. Both USB plugs in the back of the new console work also, my factory console didn't have them.
Are you interested in selling the flip up center console arm rest/console door from your removed 2020 Altitude center console. If so I'm interested PM me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
When I engage my ventilated seats I hear what sounds like a fan in the lower dash somewhere to power the air. Do you hear this fan? Willing to bet there's more to it than just plug and play seating. You're probably missing a few other components?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.