Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me jeep; Trying to clean up the previous owners exhaust mess. I’ve rerouted it and stopped melting the parking brake cable and sway bar bushing. But I still have a very hot passenger rear floorboard… So this will be my 3rd attempt at applying one of these makeshift stick on heatshields (at 20+$ a pop)… tried different brands; underbody has been soap and water scrubbed; I’m having zero luck w the adhesive on the back of these things… last one fell halfway off and melted/burned/stank like hell. Anybody privy to an adhesive that I could use to make sure this thing stays put this time? I picked up some JBWeld hitemp epoxy, but I’m questioning whether it’s going to get any grip on that semi-rubbery underbody spray. Anybody have experience?

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
New to me jeep; Trying to clean up the previous owners exhaust mess. I’ve rerouted it and stopped melting the parking brake cable and sway bar bushing. But I still have a very hot passenger rear floorboard… So this will be my 3rd attempt at applying one of these makeshift stick on heatshields (at 20+$ a pop)… tried different brands; underbody has been soap and water scrubbed; I’m having zero luck w the adhesive on the back of these things… last one fell halfway off and melted/burned/stank like hell. Anybody privy to an adhesive that I could use to make sure this thing stays put this time? I picked up some JBWeld hitemp epoxy, but I’m questioning whether it’s going to get any grip on that semi-rubbery underbody spray. Anybody have experience?
Hit a few spots with a wire brush and try a small tube of 3M 5200 marine adhesive, that **** bonds to just about everything. Just keep it on the perimeter away from excessive heat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts