Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Ukraine's under-reported story

2329 88
Amazing developments in Ukraine the last few days because of advanced weapons we gave them, such as HIMARS.

Totally blown away the myth of the Red Army, two-thirds of which was committed to their invasion of Ukraine.

And they were decisively defeated by an untrained army that was on the ropes, because we gave a partial sampling of our weapons.

Now that the Red Army has been decisively defeated, they have to call up 300,000 reservists to defend their country, otherwise they could be conquered by tiny Ukraine.

Putin's decision to call up reservists reveals that he can't use nukes to defend Russia. You know the guy is bluffing when he says it's not a bluff.

Destroying an enemy army with advanced weapons is easy. Nation-building is hard. This reminds us of how stupid it was to try to make the Afghanis just like us, when they don't want to be just like us.
Reactions: superj
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some good points. Putin losing is not exactly a good result (and we can't really do anything about it) :

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some good points about mission creep :

·
Registered
375 Posts
Amazing developments in Ukraine the last few days because of advanced weapons we gave them, such as HIMARS.
Totally blown away the myth of the Red Army, two-thirds of which was committed to their invasion of Ukraine.
And they were decisively defeated by an untrained army that was on the ropes, because we gave a partial sampling of our weapons.
Now that the Red Army has been decisively defeated, they have to call up 300,000 reservists to defend their country, otherwise they could be conquered by tiny Ukraine.
Putin's decision to call up reservists reveals that he can't use nukes to defend Russia. You know the guy is bluffing when he says it's not a bluff.
Destroying an enemy army with advanced weapons is easy. Nation-building is hard. This reminds us of how stupid it was to try to make the Afghanis just like us, when they don't want to be just like us.
Do not know where you have that info from, but except your last sentence its far from reality. There was no amazing development in Ukraine. Propaganda works.

1. They use Himars quite sparsely because they do not have too many of these. So are quite carefull with it. And by now RU army learned how to "catch" these with their SAMs.Plus there is also a hidden "what if". There is a sort of an USA -UA agreement not to aim US advanced weapon systems to Russian soil. Because if
they do and start serious shelling on targets behind the border, then the answer could be a disaster. Even to the US. And both parties know very well about that.

2. Russians heavily underestimated the UA forces and massive support they receive from the west. Not now, but from the beginning of all that.

3. The advance UA army made last week is not about partial sampling of US weapons. It was a sort of an open window. Plus the front line was extremely long.
If you do a basic math, then you get about 12 RU soldiers per mile of the front length. So UA seen a chance, moved their troops east, took over some parts
previously taken by RU. But lost several thousand soldiers in 3 days. Not a fair price.
What i do not understand why they started to shell their own UA people to break the so called referendum. Look for info about Nova Khahovka for example.
That way they just force push the undecided people to vote against Kiev government.

4. And with the RU army i would not call it defeat in any way. Putins partial mobilisation is not about defending or even conquering the Russia. That´s a joke.
IMHO the plan is to send them to UA to be on par with UA army. They allready did that move partly. Plus they changed their strategy. if you look closely at that
conflict from the very beginning, there were only a minor damages to the infrastructure puposely made by the red army. I mean they did not massively destroy
the roads, bridges, energetics, communications etc. Compare it with the strategy US troops used in Iraq and you will see what i mean. But now they allready
busted 2 dams causing the Inghulec river go high and wash out all the ponton bridges UA made in the region of Avdeevka....

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mobile warfare

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do not know where you have that info from, but except your last sentence its far from reality. There was no amazing development in Ukraine. Propaganda works.

1. They use Himars quite sparsely because they do not have too many of these. So are quite carefull with it. And by now RU army learned how to "catch" these with their SAMs.Plus there is also a hidden "what if". There is a sort of an USA -UA agreement not to aim US advanced weapon systems to Russian soil. Because if
they do and start serious shelling on targets behind the border, then the answer could be a disaster. Even to the US. And both parties know very well about that.

2. Russians heavily underestimated the UA forces and massive support they receive from the west. Not now, but from the beginning of all that.

3. The advance UA army made last week is not about partial sampling of US weapons. It was a sort of an open window. Plus the front line was extremely long.
If you do a basic math, then you get about 12 RU soldiers per mile of the front length. So UA seen a chance, moved their troops east, took over some parts
previously taken by RU. But lost several thousand soldiers in 3 days. Not a fair price.
What i do not understand why they started to shell their own UA people to break the so called referendum. Look for info about Nova Khahovka for example.
That way they just force push the undecided people to vote against Kiev government.

4. And with the RU army i would not call it defeat in any way. Putins partial mobilisation is not about defending or even conquering the Russia. That´s a joke.
IMHO the plan is to send them to UA to be on par with UA army. They allready did that move partly. Plus they changed their strategy. if you look closely at that
conflict from the very beginning, there were only a minor damages to the infrastructure puposely made by the red army. I mean they did not massively destroy
the roads, bridges, energetics, communications etc. Compare it with the strategy US troops used in Iraq and you will see what i mean. But now they allready
busted 2 dams causing the Inghulec river go high and wash out all the ponton bridges UA made in the region of Avdeevka....

open window? what do you mean?

·
Registered
375 Posts
open window? what do you mean?
I mean when you have a 1000mile long front line with about 12 soldiers per mile in a certain region plus you are overly self confident in some situations
then you basicaly open a window (or door) to the opposite party. And that is what happened in the Kharkov- Kupiansk region. UA forces seen that possibility.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Amazing that, instead of thinking it through, people want to jump to the illogical conclusion of Russia doing it :

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm afraid we are going to learn that jacka$$ Biden had a hand in this...
Be sure he had. And i am afraid that we will not only learn but will also pay for that.
There are clear evidences of the US helicopters doing several close flights around both pipelines within last 3 weeks, There are evidences
of US military vessels being only a few miles from the "points of leakage" at the time it started, then heading to the north sea with a full speed ....
...the former polish minster of foreign affairs Radek Sikorski tweeted "thank you USA" only a few hours after .....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I mean when you have a 1000mile long front line with about 12 soldiers per mile in a certain region plus you are overly self confident in some situations
then you basicaly open a window (or door) to the opposite party. And that is what happened in the Kharkov- Kupiansk region. UA forces seen that possibility.
even if window. anyway, they are great for doing it .. this is their territory and they have the right to it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thing is that Russia does not own that pipeline...it's European funded. Stupidity at it's finest...Putin could easily just stop pumping and Europe could easily just stop buying. Biden sure is a tuff guy...going to dick around and get us into a shooting incident before it's done. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
375 Posts
even if window. anyway, they are great for doing it .. this is their territory and they have the right to it.
I do not argue about their right to do it. In any way. I just say that from the strategic point of view it was not the best move.
For the UA armed forces. But it makes sense because the war fought in the UA territory is engineered somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stupidity at it's finest...Putin could easily just stop pumping and Europe could easily just stop buying. Biden sure is a tuff guy...going to dick around

Agreed, imagine if Europe has a cold winter over the next few months. You know that Brandon's team did not evaluate whether there's supply chain in place to provide them with enough LNG to make up for the loss of NS. Brandon's team could not pull off a Berlin airlift.

Reactions: fishadventure

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think Brandon's lack of capability helps to explain why his team has made up so many stories about Russia :

·
Registered
375 Posts
Agreed, imagine if Europe has a cold winter over the next few months. You know that Brandon's team did not evaluate whether there's supply chain in place to provide them with enough LNG to make up for the loss of NS. Brandon's team could not pull off a Berlin airlift.
Brandons team and deep state evaluated very well and precisely that there IS NOT a sufficient supply chain. And that is the point. To withdraw industry and funds
from the EU,move that industry to the USA (for those who do not know about it - the proposals and offers are widely available) to weaken the Euro currency,
let the EU bleed in the war fields of UA and be flooded with refugees and economical immigrants from the Middle east and Africa, because these are very smart
in misusing the very generous and liberal social and welfare system of the EU - so basicaly send Europe several decades to the past. Al that in order to
save the US dollar and collapsing US economy. And this is nothing new. It started several years ago with the oil trade and petrodollar. And the ambitions of
some countries to sell their oil for other currency. Be it Lybia, Iraq, Syria....we all know what happened. Now the Saudis are selling their oil to China and trade
in yuan. But learned from the past they found a friend with nukes to protect them from the fate of Lybia

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
withdraw industry and funds from the EU,move that industry to the USA
I’m not sure that a) is a good idea. Or b) they are smart enough (economically) to pull it off. They can’t think past first-order consequences; the idea that they either considered or planned second- or third-tier consequences is a bizarre one to me, in my opinion.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I’m not sure that a) is a good idea.
Primary- as a first plan it might attract some EU companies to escape fromher because of cheaper energy, gas, possibility of skilled employees, less draconical
environmental, healt and other policies etc.

Or b) they are smart enough (economically) to pull it off. They can’t think past first-order consequences;
economicaly smart...well that is why to transfer funds from here to there in a hope of financial injection
Past order consequences - no one cares. Thats the point

the idea that they either considered or planned second- or third-tier consequences is a bizarre one to me, in my opinion.
Yes. Agree. Bud no one is interested. It is like heating your house with the wood from your roof. No one of these morons cares about tomorrow.
All are completly out of the average Joes reality. Because when our Ursula or your Brandon says we have to save, to humble ourself, keep standing etc.
it does not mean that she or he will do that. Nope. They force you, me and others to do that in order to keep their as*s warm.

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
as a first plan it might attract some EU companies to escape fromher because of cheaper energy, gas, possibility of skilled employees, less draconical
No. That’s surface/logical. First line.

It’s the inflationary consequences under a comparative strong dollar in a turbulent economy. A second kind of fake money.
The US consumer is the end victim. With lots of EU victims in its wake

1 - 20 of 89 Posts