Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have been around here for a while and this will be my 3rd rig to build up so I will show some pics of past rigs before moving on to the new one.

Here is my first jeep. It started life as a stock 93 YJ that I got from my dad. He had bought it new in 93. By the end it looked like this. Lots of axle swaps, roll overs and good times.

then I parted that rig out and in a few months picked up a 91 toyota pickup. This was by far the most capable rig I have ever wheeled and I loved this truck

After our trip to moab my wife and I decided we wanted to go in a different direction with 4 wheeling. We had done the harder stuff for a long time and had really started to enjoy camping/expedition type wheeling. Some of the most fun we had in Moab was the backcountry desert running we did.

So we sold the toyota and car hauler trailer and decided to put our dodge up for sale(still for sale if anyone is interested). Next I started looking for an LJ. Once I saw how rare these can be I decided to expand the search to other states. In Phoenix I found a perfect rig. 2006 LJ Rubicon with a 6 speed and a hardtop. This truck was pretty much stock and had been babied by its prior owner who special ordered it from jeep. I flew out the other day and drove it home.

Here are a few pics of the jeep when I got it and a few from when I got it how and pulled some of the stuff off the previous owner had installed.

Here it is on the lot when I picked it up (notice the awesome mudflaps and window visors)

And here it is today, I removed the mudflaps and visors, I pulled the back seat, and mounted my GPS.

·
Registered
581 Posts
looks to be cool. should be a great rig once its built up! i always like the expedition type trucks.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Hey tubeyj, are you mounting your powertank to the roll cage? I have a source ten pounder and have been looking for the right tj/lj roll bar mount

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
x3 on 35s. :D

Clean looking LJ though man, cant wait to see it once you start modding it, I loved your truck. :drool:

Ditch all the little chrome extras though. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Welcome to the impact orange unlimited rubicon limited club! They didnt make enough of these in this color, but somehow im OK with that.

Sweet looking jeep, i cant wait to see what you do to it!

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey tubeyj, are you mounting your powertank to the roll cage? I have a source ten pounder and have been looking for the right tj/lj roll bar mount
I have not decided yet. I am looking at mounting it on the passenger side right near the tailgate similar to this
http://www.powertank.com/graphics/mount.4.jpg

As for the 35s I am sure those will come in due time, but for at least the next year this is going to be a daily driver so I am going to keep it smaller. Mainly to keep myself out of trouble.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.