Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Traxxas Slash and Hustler today. My understanding is there different batteries I can get to make it go faster and to have more run time. I'm assuming at some point in time I will need to change out the motor to take advantage of all the additional power that some of these batteries offer.

There are NiMH and LiPo. If I'm not wanting to change the motor what batteries would be recommended to increase run time and increased Speed without buying a battery with too powers and spending more than I need to?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Always go lipo for speed. Check to see what is the max number of cells that the ESC is rated for. Then after you find that our, they you can look to see what battery to get, if you are wanting run time you want the battery with the highest mAh rating, this is essentially the size of the gas tank. If you are sticking with Traxxas batteries, then look at their website to see what the biggest battery they offer for your truck, if you are not going to use Traxxas batteries, use their info to look at other manufactures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.