Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own and 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 automatic. It's currently put to rest because it's having some serious driving problems. What's going on is while driving for about 15 mins or so there starts a real bad grinding coming from the transmission/transfer. It slows dramatically and when it occurs it's defiantly in no condition for driving. This happened twice. The first time I reduced speed and notice gear change and still the problem was taking place so I parked it and came back the next day. I started driving and once again after about 15 mins of driving it happened. This time I was going down a hill so I put it in neutral, it countined to grind and slow the motion of the vehicle. Therefore my thoughts are pretty certain that it's to do with the transfer case. If anyone knows anything about this, what's happening or has been involved with this happening to them I would really appreciate a bone thrown. Thanks a ton

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.