Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here. Just picked up a '76 Cj7, with the 304 V8, 3 speed. Runs great, drives ok. Haven't had time to investigate if it's still the dana20 tc, or 300. Shift selector pattern is for the 300, not the 20. Question is, it drives "best" in what is 4 low. It drives in 2 high and 4 high, but is very, lets say slow/hard. Haven't tried to push it, cause I'm afraid something is going to snap or jam in both 2 and 4 high. Any thoughts on where to start besides determining what TC it really has.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, got this pic today. The numbers under the tag are C18-15-24, and on the tag are 300596 so correct me if I'm wrong, but those correspond to a Dana 20 tc. However the shift pattern is from front to back, 4L, N, 2H, 4H. Which does not correspond to a Dana 20 according to 95% of info I can find. Were there 2 different Dana 20 shift patterns or is it something else. By the way it's a 3 speed, with I believe a T150.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.