Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
There isn't any legal trails near grand rapids the closest you will find is in whitehall or newaygo if your interested my group will be doing a 4th of july camping trip in newaygo where we will be hitting up some trails let me know.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Powerline areas are typically private property and should not be wheeled on unless it is part of a listed DNR trail system. People going onto private property without expressed written permission ruin the ORV'ing for everyone else. This is why places in the state and national forests are being closed off to us.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ya i looked into it more before i went and decided against it. although i did find a trail out on 144th and m45 if you go north on 144th. it is a marked trail got a sign in front of it. although it must not be a dnr/state trail cause i looked for it on the dnr site and no luck. i thought county trails were gone ??? its rather new cause i take that route to a family member house and have never seeb the sign

·
Registered
689 Posts
Off 30th south of 142nd near dorr there are a lot of seasonal roads that can be plenty of fun. Used to an area near burlingame right after it turned into 16th in allegan that had a network of trails and seasonal roads, nothing major but a fun couple of hours.
There are some power lines that are actually roads, really need to dig into maps to figure out which ones they are. The power line that runs towards long lake park on 17 mile in Sparta then up past 22 mile used to have seasonal road signs on it, but not at the intersections.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.