Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,549 Posts
with out watching the video
been towing a jeep for some time now on trailers have done 4 down too. Its more about whats towing it really since you can shift weight more to tongue if you have the capacity.. U haul brakes are surge if recall, ok but would rather have all 4 with E brake, good tires. jeep with full loadout of water food gear for say 6 day trail run, parts tools etc. etc. a dogs stuff the wifes stuff. on a alloy trailer is over 6500lbs easy. matters when say you are towing up 10% or down.

If i had no trailer i would not even jeep or own one anymore. I tend to run that jeep for only jeep things trails or it waits and breaking them happens on the harder stuff if not worse. low mile 12jkr only drove to church on Sundays.

·
Registered
2003 Wrangler RHD
7,919 Posts
when we towed the tj back from Colorado, the uhaul auto hauler was 3300 or 3400 pounds. with the tj on it, it was like 6600 pounds or something, if i remember right. we just let a little air out of the 32" tires to put the straps on and chained it down and went with my little Nissan titan crew cab. never had a problem driving from fort carson to corpus christi

Reactions: FleXJ96

·
Registered
489 Posts
Good video, I rent them a few times year but I strap down a bit differently

In the front, I use the tire netting but it doesn't go around the tire so I attached my own 2 inches strap hook end to the netting of the tire netting then feed the other side into the ratchet.

In the rear, I use traditional tie-down straps. I don't want to trust just that single chain.

I am buying a trailer here soon and can't wait to have "proper" brakes and a lighter trailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.