Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Haynes manual for my Jeep but somehow they miss publishing the torque specs for many things I am looking for. Right now I can't find the torque specs for the drive belt tensioner pulley or the power steering pump. Please help.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
INSTALLATION
(1) Install pulley and pulley bolt to tensioner.
Tighten bolt to 61 N·m (45 ft. lbs.) torque (4.7L
engine only).
(2) Install tensioner assembly to mounting
bracket. (4.0L engine) align the two dowels on the
tensioner with the mounting bracket and hand start
the bolt. Tighten bolt to 28 N·m (250 in. lbs.). (4.7L
engines) An indexing slot is located on back of tensioner.
Align this slot to the head of the bolt on the
front cover. Install the mounting bolt. Tighten bolt to
41 N·m (30 ft. lbs.).
CAUTION: To prevent damage to coil case, coil
mounting bolts must be torqued.
(3) Install drive belt. Refer to Belt Removal/Installation
in this group.
(4) Check belt indexing marks.

and I'm moving this to the Tech forum

·
Registered
2002 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7
174 Posts
I have the Haynes manual for my Jeep but somehow they miss publishing the torque specs for many things I am looking for. Right now I can't find the torque specs for the drive belt tensioner pulley or the power steering pump. Please help.
according to the factory service manual it should be tightened to 45 ft pounds.

·
Registered
2002 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7
174 Posts
Anyone know if the indexing mark would be a paint dot? If so does that line up to 12 o clock?
on 6 cyl and all V8 cyl it appears to have an indexing arrow on the timing cover and a line on the tensioner. once tightened bolt up, tensioner should move no more than 1/2 " around the indexing arrow. that's all that is mentioned on the factory service manual. its cold but ill go out and see if i can find where mine is either on top vertical or horizontal to the left side of the timing cover. mine appears to be left side horizontal near the oil fill bottom bolt. its 16 degrees outside maybe someone in a warmer area can give another opinion....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts