Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Price $100
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Small-screened laptop w/ USB GPS receiver is the only way to fly. Ignore people who say it will chew hard drives unless its a toughbook - IT WON'T!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Price $150
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: TomTom One GPS system, it's amazing, haven't got lost yet, and really comes in handy on the long road trips and vacations!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Price $450
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: I LOVE IT!!! Haha, it is the best GPS that I have ever owned, and it is always up-to-date and accurate!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Price $70
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: [No message]

·
Registered
413 Posts
Price $100
Pros Gets me where I need to go (on road)
Cons absolutely no use off road, unless you want to know whether you're near a lake or a road, *edit* flimsy.
Recommended yes

Comments: It's an on-road GPS. What can I say? I got it because I sometimes travel because of work, and it's a REAL pain to try to find gas stations/food/etc. without a GPS these days. It gets the job done.

I have also started marking a few off-road trails on it so I can come back to them, but it really isn't designed for that kind of thing.

If I had the money to replace my GPS with a good off-road one, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but for now, mine works for what I need.

*EDIT* My TomTom broke the other day while I was trying to turn it on. It fell out of its suction cup holder (the one that comes with the unit), and while I was trying to get it back in, I managed to crack the screen (which also destroyed the touchscreen capability). I think they could have designed it a little better.....bye-bye TomTom!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Price $490
Pros European and US maps, constant map updating by users
Cons Poor window mount, short battery life
Recommended yes

Comments: I like the Tom Tom a lot because of the fact that users can update the maps and share the updates with other users!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Price $120
Pros Helps for travel
Cons Not good for wheeling
Recommended yes

Comments: This GPS is great for travel very accurate, How ever off road, or back roads it gets confused.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.