1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $500
Rating 4
Average Price $427
Manufacturer Tom Wood's Custom Driveshafts
Recommended Yes: 4 / No: 1

SYE kit for 242 transfer case. Comes with new mainshaft, tail cone and flange. option for custom drive shaft.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price $500
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Great option for anyone with a 242. No need to hack your own shaft. You get a professionally shortened main shaft, new tail cone and a flange to attach your drive shaft. You get a great deal on a Tom Wood's shaft in the process.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Price $200
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Came with everything and my trans guy said it was easy to install. The tail house of trans is now shorter to increase the driveshaft angles. With a cv stlye driveshaft there's no vibration at all.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Price $500
Rating 5
Pros Awesome product, can't say enough. Excellent quality. Great customer service.
Cons None yet.
Recommended no

Comments: :2thumbsup: I sent in my output shaft and spedo housing. I got back my output shaft that had been shortened and resplined. The Spedo housing was modified also. I got a new double CV Drive shaft with new U heavy duty U joints. The final product is amazing and my vibes are gone.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Price $585
Pros Awesome fit and finish
Cons I was missing a snap ring in the sye kit from teraflex.
Recommended yes

Comments: Great product. Very well built and very stout. SYE kit was from Teraflex and was missing a snap ring. New speed sensor was a nice addition rather than gears.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.