Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is not as simple as swapping OEM bulbs for LEDs.
The Rears can be directly swapped. Not all 1157 LEDs are the same. I use Sylvania 1157R bulbs.
Why? Lumens Ratio is perfect. Some 1157 LEDs are hard to distinguish between parking lights and flasher brightness. Parking light is too bright. Sylvania to the rescue.

The fronts can be directly swapped, but your side markers will be left useless. Why? Because of a little wiring trick Jeep engineers did.
Plus the side bulb is wired across parking and flashing circuits.
You will want to rewire this lamp and connect it to ground, Flasher circuit, and parking lamp circuit using 2 diodes and a 1K resistor.

Then the side markers will come on with park ( dimly) and also when the flashers are on.i wish I could post the schematic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is not as simple as swapping OEM bulbs for LEDs.
The Rears can be directly swapped. Not all 1157 LEDs are the same. I use Sylvania 1157R bulbs.
Why? Lumens Ratio is perfect. Some 1157 LEDs are hard to distinguish between parking lights and flasher brightness. Parking light is too bright. Sylvania to the rescue.

The fronts can be directly swapped, but your side markers will be left useless. Why? Because of a little wiring trick Jeep engineers did.
Plus the side bulb is wired across parking and flashing circuits.
You will want to rewire this lamp and connect it to ground, Flasher circuit, and parking lamp circuit using 2 diodes and a 1K resistor.

Then the side markers will come on with park ( dimly) and also when the flashers are on.i wish I could post the schematic.
Do you have pictures of this process?
>>Never mind. I'm a doofus and only processed the "I wish I could post the schematics" comment after I hit submit. Sorry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.