ModelWrangler
KeywordsGenRight Gas Tank
StateOH
CitySpringboro
Price850
ShippingWill Ship
PaymentPayPal
,Cash Only
This is the 15 Gallon GenRight Crawler™ COMP Gas Tank to fit a Jeep TJ / LJ (1997-2006). NEVER MOUNTED, STILL IN PLASTIC. Has a small scratch on the skid pan from shipping. It is specifically designed to allow for more clearance between the rear axle and the gas tank so you can lengthen your Jeeps wheelbase up to 7" of rear axle stretch (6" on Dana 60).

Let's face it if you are considering this model tank you are a pretty serious wheeler on 40's or bigger. You have big axles that need room and are focused on driveline angles and crazy suspension travel. This heavy duty tank is trail proven and made for you! Besides this production built gas tank is re-shaped to make more room under the Jeep so you can keep your rear cargo area and stretch your Jeep for incredible departure angles!

The assembly mounts in the factory location and is it designed to work with all your factory emmissions equipment so you won't get any check engine lights or have computer issues.

FEATURES:

1" more ground clearance than stock.
Improved departure angle.
15 gallon fuel capacity (New 23 gallon model now available!).
Smaller tank makes more room for BIG aftermarket axles.
Shape allows for 7" of rear wheelbase stretch (with Dana 44)
Mounts in stock tank location.
Stock mounting location keeps center of gravity low.
Accepts the stock Jeep fuel pump/sensor.
1/8" thick Aluminum alloy tank is TIG welded.
Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
New style 3/16" thick heavy duty steel skid plate.
Assembled with stainless steel straps.
Includes factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
Internal baffles reduce fuel movement and keep fuel near the pick up.
All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
Made in USA !

YOU PAY SHIPPING
Automotive lighting Wood Bumper Vehicle door Tints and shades

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
jrallen said:
Which cannot be seen on the mobile app, hence the question. Thanks.
Click at the top of the ad. It'll bring you to full ad.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Would be helpful to know what years this fits. GR sells 3 different Crawler COMP Classic models due to fuel system/pump differences.
1997-2002
2003-2004 <-- guessing this one since you're selling a 2004 Rubicon, also?
2005-2006

·
Registered
55 Posts
Read the OP.... it says the year it fits
Your OP says this tank fits 1997-2006 which is not completely accurate. There are different models within that tank family.

Year : GenRight part number
1997-2002: GST-2005-0
2003-2004: GST-2005-1
2005-2006: GST-2005-2

The tanks differ due to changes in fuel pump mounting styles and hose connections.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm sure you're not looking for more advice, but I'm going to give it anyway. If you're trying to sell something, probably not smart to get lippy with potential buyers. If GenRight sells it for $1K, they always run 10% off sales and will do free shipping if you ask(they did for me) and live out of state from them, there's no sales tax. I can get that tank new from them for $900.
You're selling a very specific model for essentially $50 off and it already has a scratch on it. I have an 03 that it would fit, ive been looking for a tank from them, but want the larger capacity. I will be surprised if you can get more then $650 out of it unless you sit on it until that very specific customer comes along. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jeep'd said:
I'm sure you're not looking for more advice, but I'm going to give it anyway. If you're trying to sell something, probably not smart to get lippy with potential buyers. If GenRight sells it for $1K, they always run 10% off sales and will do free shipping if you ask(they did for me) and live out of state from them, there's no sales tax. I can get that tank new from them for $900. You're selling a very specific model for essentially $50 off and it already has a scratch on it. I have an 03 that it would fit, ive been looking for a tank from them, but want the larger capacity. I will be surprised if you can get more then $650 out of it unless you sit on it until that very specific customer comes along. Good luck with the sale.
"Get lippy" ok, lol

Anyone is free to make any offer they deem reasonable. Your position is valid if and when your ready to make an offer although it seems like most, you'd like to share your unproductive opinion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.