Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you fellas out there for some bumper(s) where the winch looks like it’s recessed down/behind the bumper so you don’t see the actual winch housing when looking at the Jeep front on?

Looking for a front bumper for myself and the only one I see that somewhat resembles that is the TJ ARB Stubby one. This is the shorter version of the original ARB Deluxe one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
901 Posts
Recessing the winch like that on a tj would require you to cut the front crossmember and probably some fab work. I have not seen a production bumper that would accomplish that. Why do you want it recessed?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recessing the winch like that on a tj would require you to cut the front crossmember and probably some fab work. I have not seen a production bumper that would accomplish that. Why do you want it recessed?
Guess i didn't explain it properly. The cross member is not cut, the bumper comes up an over the winch itself.

Just prefer the look of something where the winch is more hidden then being fully exposed in front of the Jeep.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I've thought about cutting the cross member and building a cradle for the winch with the
fairlead coming through the bumper, but have not seriously done any measuring.
I hate to start chopping up a perfectly good frame

Anyone have any photos to post up of this mod? input on strength of the frame
with the tube replaced with a well built cradle?

Not trying to Hijack the thread, just have the same idea

·
She's my density...
1,462 Posts
Check out Rugged Ridge XHD front bumper.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This has been done by New Venture products. Although they are sold out at the moment.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.