Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99XJ, installing the RE 3.5" super ride lift kit(full leafs, Wrong size u bolts sent!),anyway, The directions say do not reinstall the factory sway bar. Is this because it won't fit with the added leafs, or is not needed? Is it neccesary to get an aftermarkt? Thank you.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
You really don't need your rear swaybar. The leaf springs are pretty stable as it is. Some people recommend that if you're going to tow with your XJ to have your swaybar on. I haven't had mine on for a few months now, and feel no difference. Also, XJ's with the Up-country package would come without a rear swaybar from the factory, if that makes any difference for ya.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dassc612 said:
You really don't need your rear swaybar. The leaf springs are pretty stable as it is. Some people recommend that if you're going to tow with your XJ to have your swaybar on. I haven't had mine on for a few months now, and feel no difference. Also, XJ's with the Up-country package would come without a rear swaybar from the factory, if that makes any difference for ya.
I thought the leafs were probably beefy enough, hence no swaybar. Thanks, bud!:2thumbsup: :cheers2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts