Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
161 - 180 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
My condolences and prayers to the family and wish them a joyous and happy holiday season despite what has happened to them this past year. This will indeed a a tough time of year and they as well as many of us will have to pick up the pieces and carry on. I've been away for quite some time, way too long in fact. I didn't know Nick well enough to really call him by his first name but he is sorely missed in our community I can hardly imagine what his family and friends have had to endure. Really put's things into perspective on just how fragile life really is.

I don't really know how to honor Anti in any other way then to get the jeep out more often. Because I feel that at one point I shared the same passion that he did for it, it just has seemed to have died over the past year or so. But in Anti's honor I refuse to let it die, in a weird way I feel that as long as I keep wheeling he'll still be around. The more knowledge gained through wheeling the more wealth I am able to share with others. Which is exactly what I intend to do. To pick up the torch that was dropped by him and carry on the best I can. I know that that is a seemingly impossible task to bear but I will do what I can to help those in need.

RIP Nick. You're dearly missed here. :cheers2:

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
This hit me in the gut. I haven't been on in a year as life's bothers have gotten in the way. I am very surprised by how young Nick was because he came off as such an old sage slinging wisdom and imparting knowledge.
RIP and hopefully you're where you desire to be...and in a YJ!

·
I pledge allegiance
4,418 Posts
A year has gone by and we are no closer to understanding, only healing.
Miss you, Brother.

Reactions: Gage56

·
Wot's...uh The Deal?
6,748 Posts
Its been a year today. It seems a lot longer.

RIP Nick

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Just came back to JF after a year away, to find this... Tragic loss. Only knew Nick thru JF but like many of you considered him a brother... My heart goes out to his family and to his military and jeeping brothers

RIP Anticanman. You will be greatly missed...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
i just decided to start building my jeep and continue Ratmonkeys build after his death 3 years ago. i have been away from the forum for quite some time only to come back to see this.

anticanman was instrumental in quite a few aspects of my build. i am at a loss for words.
he will be missed, at least he and ratmonkey are thrashing trails together.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
So, when I got my memorial shirt, I said I wouldn't wear it till I took the new build out.. Nick road along with us this weekend.. God speed Nick, you are missed

Attachments

·
I pledge allegiance
4,418 Posts
I stopped at the cemetery for a brief, one sided chat today. More importantly, I finally followed that up with a visit with Nick's Dad. I've picked up the phone many times intending to reach out to him only to realize I have no idea what to say. Dave is a strong man and I quickly found myself relying on his strength to carry our conversation despite it being initiated by my unannounced visit. We were able to share some laughs, insights and observations as well as what we've each learned from the experience and how to apply it in life going forward. Life is short, love those close to you. Really. Don't just say it, show it. Make time to reach out to someone you haven't contacted in awhile. Remind yourself that you are important to someone else as well as the other way around. Enough of this, do something good today.

Nick's family is very appreciative of the support shown in the forum and from outside of our Jeep Forum family. Thank you all.

Attachments

·
Typical /f12 Hooligan
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
Everyone, take a minute today, tonight, whenever, and do something for someone else in Nick's memory. He gave so much and asked for nothing. Miss him. RIP Anticanman.

·
Premium Member
25,637 Posts
Everyone, take a minute today, tonight, whenever, and do something for someone else in Nick's memory. He gave so much and asked for nothing. Miss him. RIP Anticanman.
RIP. There is a special place in heaven for people like him. Thanks for the reminder.

·
I pledge allegiance
4,418 Posts
He goes where the YJ goes. Miss you, Brother.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I'm off to say good bye to a college buddy and friend who suffered the same fate as Nick, Contributors to their community and gone before their time...

161 - 180 of 200 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.