Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Hmmmm. Try doing this at -10℉. Let me know how it works for you. >:)

Reactions: Twixey

·
5,559 Posts
I run a Pit Boss pellet smoker and use it year round.

For those cooler months, I have an insulating blanket which really does work when smoking ribs, brisket, etc.

Reactions: Flyer58

·
Registered
9,824 Posts
Actually for me there is no end to the BBQ season.
Only salt and pepper and smoke.
Sweet Baby Ray's is for the wife, I usually use a local sauce.
Just did some venison ribs with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. bubbled them for about 4 hours then on the BBQ with the sauce. Yum yum.
Might have to do some back strap next week, as the temps here are still mild.

·
5,559 Posts
Did this Saturday. It took longer than normal due to the outside temp but it still came out well.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big'ol 8 Lb. chunk of pork butt was tossed in the smoker last night around 2am. This morning at 8am the outside temp was 38f and the pork was sitting at 165. I always wrap it in foil to retain the moisture and get through the stall a little faster so this should be ready by lunch time. Now to choose the sides.

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Big'ol 8 Lb. chunk of pork butt was tossed in the smoker last night around 2am. This morning at 8am the outside temp was 38f and the pork was sitting at 165. I always wrap it in foil to retain the moisture and get through the stall a little faster so this should be ready by lunch time. Now to choose the sides.
Looks fantastic! While i don't smoke much during the winter (other than cigars), I do grill all year long. A favorite is Sweet Baby Rays cut with Balsamic vinegar (I actually like about a 50-50 ratio) which cuts the sweetness and adds a nice tang. I use to marinate the cheap, fatty thin pork chops--my favs-- which cook really quickly on super hot grill. We like some pink left on the inside.

·
Registered
5 Posts
God! it looks fantastic! Even after a hearty lunch, I wanted to try it!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow

That looks delicious!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It looks very appetizing! I would like to taste!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.