Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

The Right Hand Drive (RHD) Thread

12131 Views 30 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  BagusJeep
Hi Community

I moved to New Zealand from the States about 4 years ago and have been waiting for the right time to buy a CJ7. I recently found an 84 that needs the usual love. Anyway, there are some clear differences between the LHD and the RHD CJ so in an effort to not buy the wrong parts and help out other RHD CJ owners of the future... Lets share info.

So these jeeps went out to the obvious places
UK
Australia
New Zealand
and all over Asia

Some key differences I have noticed
The steering wheel is on the right side :)
The battery is on the passenger side
and as I dig deeper I am sure to find more.

So please, if you have insight into differences and good info for other RHD CJ owners please share!:2thumbsup::cheers2:

Tags I cant add myself due to lack of permissions: CJ7 RHD Right Hand Drive
Reactions: Tswiczko
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,728 Posts
Not getting into this other than to say it's called the right side for a reason. Dammit! I did get into this :headbang:

· Registered
3,560 Posts
Bullocks Gazzo I have been to Australia and Yall guys have it all wrong you call black top tarmac, the drug store is the chemist, instead of hood and truck you call them a bonnet and I forget what the other is called. Oh yeah and you export Fosters beer !!!!
And thats just for starters.

· Registered
1,728 Posts
gmakra said:
Bullocks Gazzo I have been to Australia and Yall guys have it all wrong you call black top tarmac, the drug store is the chemist, instead of hood and truck you call them a bonnet and I forget what the other is called. Oh yeah and you export Fosters beer !!!! And thats just for starters.
Right! Let's go, UTE might be the word you're looking for, What we call a truck has AT LEAST 22 wheels not 18 and more often than not has three trailers not one and is about a mile long and does 1000km/hour. Fosters! Fosters is for imposters! No one I know has ever even had that horse p&$s. It is one of the great mysteries how we ever became famous (or responsible) for that sewerage. We export all of it!!! A hood goes on your head, gmakka, not over your donk (come to think of a bonnet is head gear too, pfff whatever) Tarmac is what you land a plane on if there's no dirt available. We call it bitumen or, get this, ROAD. Our jackaroos get covered in shiz and dirt n stuff not like any cowboy I ever dun seed in yer fillums. Yes we call them chemists or pharmacies which is completely gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) and I think drug store is cooler so I'll give you that one. Hah this is hilarious. Bullocks are young bulls, I think you meant to say Bollocks, which is from those pale critters over the other pond, which means BALLS. Bullocks are cool and taste awesome, bollocks?, don't reckon they'd be any good. Good times gmakka! Funny Friday night banter :tea:

· Registered
1,728 Posts
gmakra said:
So my spelling was off, but you got the idea and the fact is you still export Fosters which I have heard is the reason why Muslims dont drink!
Touché I apologise to the world on behalf of Carlton United Breweries for their epic fail. I had a good response to the Muslim thing but I ain't going there. We'd open a whole can o worms

· Registered
1,728 Posts
captkhaos said:
Unless something's changed in the last few years all Fosters sold in the US is brewed in Canada. I guess it's still "imported" though. edit: It's not imported to the U.S. anymore... it's brewed in Texas!
Jeez that amazes me that they make OR like it there when they have so many other good beers, Shiner and the like

· Premium Member
9,710 Posts
Have you tried jeep in the UK? long shot, service can be shocking.

We did not get heaters here in Indonesia so I cannot be of any help. Try the Cherokee forum

21 - 31 of 31 Posts