Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just saw the Modified Superlift Thread so I thought I'd start a Modified OME Lift Thread. IF anyone can reply and give me a complete list of all the parts with any part numbers you know of included it would be great. I'm starting with the RC 2" kit and want to go to the modified OME setup. I just want to piece it together. I'm looking for literally everything I will need. Granted I'm on a budget but that why I am piecing it together because I can't afford to get it all at once. I want either Toyo M/T's or Nitto Trail Grapplers for tires and any suggestions on shocks would be great. Thanks for all the help in advance!

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
There isn't as much with this mod as the modified SL IMO.

• Strut spacers up front (Rusty's; RROs, etc.) One per side is your best option I'd say. Beyond that you really want aftermarket UCAs and it still will be quite a strain on steering and cv joints.
  • For the back any combination of spacers and spring isolators to achieve the desired lift.
  • I don't have extended sway links. I did notch my fuel tank to better the driver rear droop. This is something to heavily consider for 2 reasons. 1. It makes install easier and 2. you have to consider you are pushing the body further from the axles - essentially making the default stance in a longer state of downtravel. In fact, this mod will effectively decrease your downtravel if you keep your current shocks/struts.
  • I have issues with Photobucket and bandwidth so I will simply reference my build thread:

Posts #363-395 (pages 25-27); post #430 on page 29 and post#532 on page 36 all deal my process of modifying my OME HD.
  • Mine is a 4.7 V8 and I stayed with 265/70/17s after the mod. (I'd love to have 275/70/17 GY MTR/Ks but that means $s).
  • Something else of note - if you have a front driveshaft with cv joints at both ends (rezeppa-rezeppa) you will likely have issues with the differential side. Again, the angles this creates are somewhat taxing the components.
  • 4.7 with about 90lbs of armor - Modified OME: HD coils f/r; one Rusty's strut spacer per side front; 1/2" poly spacers each side rear; 2 coil isolators top and bottom driver side; 1 coil isolator top/2 coil isolaters bottom passenger side.
  • I've had the OME in since '12 and modified it about a year ago.
  • I've wheeled it hard and towed heavy.
  • My measurements are 22.625" front and 22.75" rear - slight rake
  • My Rusty's trackbar is set at just over 40 9/16"
  • This is what I had after the modification:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have OME HD, JBA Lift A-Arms, Strut Spacer (1 each side) up front and 3/4" of lift additional out back. Front is already pushing it for cv angle and I appear to have gained a clunk out of one of them. I'd not go any higher than such without going SL as like JeepN4KC is hinting towards.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i have half of my modded ome sitting in my closet now, just waiting on my front ome hd coils and 5100 struts, and the rear i have ome hd coils, f-150 5100 shocks and 2"spacers. and will go with 265 70 17 maxxis buckshot mudders for tires. will get pics up whenever i get the rest of my parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.