Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since I never made one of these and I really don't have anything to do tonight I figure i'll do one.

I really don't have many pics of the rig when I first bought it, or many until I did a lot of mods the last 6 months. I'll do the best I can and continue with pics because I now have a camera.

-------

So I bought this rig for $3000 about three and some years ago. It already had a lift on it, and some 15x8 American Racing wheels. Pretty amateur build rear bumper which I hope to replace soon. Other than this it was bone stock. I regret not waiting longer, as well as buying one already modified. Though it was the best deal I came across during the four month period of searching

-------

Well after about a month of owning it I discovered it had a problem :rofl: (DeathWobble). This being my first Jeep and having very littler experience it was one hell of an adventure. With that said here I go with whats been done toward its cure.

Trackbar hole was wallowed out, ball joints were shot. Steering was entirely shot, as well as the steering damper. Pulled the front axle replaced everything and then painted it just for the hell of it.

Generous local wheeler welded up the wallowed hole and re-drilled.

Replaced all the balljoints

Primed & Painted the axle, knuckles, diff cover, and sway bar.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Next I went to hacking away at the fenders

Going to edit the cut n' fold in here tomorrow(don't have after pics lol)

Relocated my horns because I like to have them as this is my DD and they won't get ripped off here.

How it sits now with the brand new 33s I finally had mounted.

I'm sure there is a lot more I missed that I have done though I really don't have many pics as I mentioned earlier.

Next on the list to be done very soon is...
-Trim rear cab corners
-Tranny Cooler
-Sand & Rattle can paint Desert Tan
-The worthless steering damper i'm unsure of bothering with
-Something WILL come up i'm sure :rofl:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
sweet ride man, i bought mine with a 3 inch lift but no DW, had a giant hole in the floor tho, like the rims with the color.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas, yes this thing had a few mods to it but it was VERY clean. I've owned it three years with manners for the interior and its still in excellent condition. Tomorrow i'll get more pics up on interior and the rear corners if I trim them.(Unsure if i'll have some spare time)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How you like those duratracs?

Nice lookin XJ :carrot:
Haven't even gotten to wheel it yet with em'. The pic was taken about an hour after getting them mounted(Today) :rofl:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I really like the XJ. Love that color. :drool:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm jealous of how clean your front axle is lol. Jeep looks good.
I'm sure give me a month and it'll be no longer shiny

I really like the XJ. Love that color. :drool:
I hate my patriot blue, thats why i'm going to be rattle caning it desert tan within the next few weeks. :cheers2: Not only does it get hot as hell out here but the factory had the clear coat screwed straight off production line.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took a pic for the hell of it, finally put my sticker on after stashing it like 6 months or something :rofl:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'm sure give me a month and it'll be no longer shiny

I hate my patriot blue, thats why i'm going to be rattle caning it desert tan within the next few weeks. :cheers2: Not only does it get hot as hell out here but the factory had the clear coat screwed straight off production line.
hell if it was possible i would trade paint jobs i hate my red

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally had some time to go at it on the rear corners. Decided to not go to the body line. Stopped right where the inner wheel well sheetmetal stopped. Doesn't look too bad.

Just need to do driver side, reattach the bumper, then visit the parent's to use their welder(I'd prefer it than rivets)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the exxactt same jeep i just got under a year ago, but i never noticed any problem with the clear coat?,
and what lift do you have on there?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have the exxactt same jeep i just got under a year ago, but i never noticed any problem with the clear coat?,
and what lift do you have on there?
Was on when I got the rig, though i'm leanin toward it being a RE 3.5" with an added 1.50" spacer up front. I've been curious though never cared because I plan to replace the entire lift to go higher in another two or three months.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Nice build man! I love the new tires lol.

I'm working on straightening out the hood now :D

Here it is when I tested the fit:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice build man! I love the new tires lol.

I'm working on straightening out the hood now :D

Here it is when I tested the fit:
is that the cowl induction hood from quadratec?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice maverick. No its cowl hood formed by fiberglass and riveted in. I didn't like it and figured it'd block a lot of vision on inclined crawling so said F it.

glad you like it though man

1 - 20 of 106 Posts