Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

The Breakfast Club

21768 663
JEEPFELLER and I have been talking about starting a thread where we could discuss our nonsensical BS without being accused of high jacking another thread and being told to get back on topic. This type of thread is not without precedent. We've had threads on football and hunting. This is our attempt. Improvements and suggestions are welcome.

Last night the Boss and I are having a late--by the clock--dinner at the local Chinese restaurant when my phone rings and it is the (in)famous JEEPFELLER so I ignored it. After I got home, I called him back and we had our weakly Breakfast Club meeting. Before anyone says we should have Breakfast Club meetings in the mornings let me clarify that now JEEPFELLER has accepted a position with Lowe's solving little old ladies plumbing problems--he can tell the tail of the flaming toilet seat--he goes to work sometimes at oh six hundred. I am not fit company at that time outside of deer season. There are three types of states in our great nation. We have red states, blue states, and states that have Waffle Houses where you can get a six course breakfast 24/7/365. If you don't like the color of your state move to one that has a Waffle House. Choose a home that is within five minutes of a Waffle House. With a Waffle House handy there is no restrictions as to when you have meetings.

I was glad to hear from JF. We last spoke Saturday when he told me how he managed to get a case of Montezuma's revenge in order to not go with Mrs. FELLER to her mother's to help rearrange furniture. After giving him ample time to recover she left him reposing on the throne referring to him as that part of his anatomy that was becoming inflamed--different tail he best can tell with diagrams and pictures of state troopers. I advised him to unload all weapons--especially his MA2 .50 cal--in his casa and hide the ammo and weapons in different places so that all he has to deal with is the Colt Python .357 she carries in her purse.

We did talk some Jeep giving each other advise neither will follow. Then almost in unison our wives walked in and told us to shut up, hang up, and turn on NCIS. The appropriate response was "Yes Mame!"

Bob Over
641 - 660 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #641 ·
If they ask me for a reference the question is "How much will you pay me for the honor of working on my Jeep?"

Normally what an employer will do is go down to police station and pay a fee and they look to see if you have had any convictions that might indicate you might not be reliable enough for unaccompanied access to an apartment. With a work truck involved they definitely will check your driving record.

Be thankful Mrs. FELLER dropped the Peeping Tom charges. I don't think they will hold the tickets you got for driving too slow against you.

Get your eyes checked and DL renewed before you start the new Job. Folks this man was looking for a parking lot with 500 Jeeps and 1,000 nice looking ladies in it and drove past it not once, but twice. Ax was standing beside me and witnessed this too.

Congratulations and hope you enjoy the last two weeks of working weekends and weird hours. Did they publish the schedule before or after you turned in your notice? You'll enjoy M-F and working the same daytime hours.

·
Premium Member
1986 CJ7
143 Posts
Normally what an employer will do is go down to police station and pay a fee and they look to see if you have had any convictions that might indicate you might not be reliable enough for unaccompanied access to an apartment. With a work truck involved they definitely will check your driving record.
Any more a routine employment check will include a NCIC, Triple I and a local wants and warrant at a minimal.. usually go back 7 years for Misd and 10 for Felony convictions/charges. "let go for cause" on employment..bunch of those forms the pretty lady had him sign were probaly authorizations and releases for those

Reactions: bob4703

·
Registered
Willing to receive free donor parts anytime!!
166 Posts
Hey guys if you haven't already I'd appreciate to have visitors every now and then at:

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Mr. Bob (4703),

Went to Mama's house Saturday, me and my 2 sisters were given orders to go through

5 or 6 totes containing stuff that belonged to Pap (my dad).

Divide between us, donate to another, or throw crap away.

Most of it being stuff he had acquired after he married my Mama and had a home to keep it in.

He joined the AirForce in 1954 (-1974) Married Mama in 1956

The mission here was for each of us to keep things dear to us or had some special meaning,

Of course, there were them items to Fight for too!

A good bit was Air Force related.

My big sister pretty much knew Pap 5 years longer than me and 6 years longer than my little sister,

My Mama insured that she got pick of the pot with earlier items.

Such as his original still operational Seiko self winding watch, when it came up on the living room auction block,

Big Sis's opening bid was, "Seiko Says"---This was an "ad" from way back, Anytime you asked Pap

what time it was, he spit out that saying followed by the time. She was the 1st "time asker", SO,

Needless to say---me and little sis missed out on that one.

She also snagged his original dog tags, slinging out some story about her and them.

Lil Sis got the 2nd set, along with his Air Police (AP) Handcuffs.

There were quite a few items, I got most of the "guy" stuff like caps, his police scanners,

and other stuff.

The fighting was minimal, when one tote got dumped, I was able to snatch his Air Force retirement ring

without anybody seeing!

I kinda kept quiet after that.

I may continue with the finds later.

But

Remember my 1st Jeep?

Back when I was in diapers?

The little diecast, which used to be my uncle's, at my Granny's house?

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

Well,

Mama shared the story of

the next two of the items that were put on the auction block.

No doubt

With the little snip-it story.

These were mine.

AND BY GOSH THEY STILL ARE!

I was Ducked a long time ago!

------JEEPFELLER

Art Beak Font Fashion accessory Woolen

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
After reading this I want to thank JeepFeller for sharing. Things are things but some things are prized and remind us of memories we cherish of ones we love/hold close. Weather they are with us on this earth or their spirit has been freed.

·
Premium Member
1986 CJ7
143 Posts
I can sympathize with your mom. I’ve been slowly going through the same thing with Diane’s kids( my step kids) trying to make sure they have the things that hold special memories for them. It’s hard, because it sometimes feels like I’m giving pieces of her away too.

Reactions: JEEPFELLER

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #647 ·
Cool story JEEPFELLER. We have a houseful of my Mom's and Dad's treasures. I don't think my sister and I could have been as agreeable as you and your sisters. She never wanted/wants anything for the sentimental value just the monetary value.

I will have a problem with what happens with my treasures. I don't have grandchildren. I have a couple of shotguns that will go to some cousins. One was my grandfather's and the other was my first gun. It is a bolt action Mossberg .410. I used it for a couple of years learning to shoot and hunt. My grandfather used it to do the same with my younger male cousins. One of my cousins wanted to use it to teach his grandson. His daughter who went to the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and after the mass shooting there decided that was not a skill her son/his only grandson needed. My daughter gets the rest to do with as she pleases. I gave my son his share and he sold them. The real problem will be the CJ5. It doesn't fit my son and my daughter who is the gearhead is fearless and will attempt anything except using a clutch. I may have to contract with JF to teach her that skill.

JEEPFELLER knowing you as well as I do there is no way you let your sister have the handcuffs without a remark. Remind me to tell you the story of the lieutenant, his date, and his handcuffs.

·
Premium Member
1986 CJ7
143 Posts
Well crud, dang it, heck, and a few other words I prob can’t use here 🤬🤬😢🤬 just got off the phone with the shop, compression test showed 80 psi on #1 and 74 on #3. I’m not sure but I think a 304 is supposed to be higher than that . Plus the mechanic thinks there’s chatter or noise from one of the crankshaft bearings.
so it looks like I’m getting myself an engine rebuild for Christmas…🤬

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Mr. Bob,

She got those cuffs, she made a plea for the set he carried for 20 years while being

Public safety at the local college.

"They go together" she pled----NOT!

I got that set!

Here's the nicer hats I got, and 10 or so ball caps.

Glasses Hat Fedora Costume hat Sunglasses

Here's one of they boxes I left with
Wood Linens Flooring Event Bedding

He loved "Gadgets", the blue/ silver thing that looks like a computer mouse, is a Flashlight/ AM/FM radio charged up by winding it. He'd take the dog for walks in the woods, carry a snack, had his favorite spots where he would sit, eat, listen to the news.

He did it more often after the Doc let him keep his Driver's license and keys, but told him not to drive on the road anymore.

He was 100% in his right mind, He never got lost or confused. But I was kept on high alert, when Mama would sometimes give me the call to go locate him, his body was not cooperating with his mind, towards the end. His delays were usually from some "Nature Scene" that he had to stay and watch.

I pondered taking the "hand trucks" with me VS: carrying/ dragging his body back to the house (alive or dead)

Sometimes his routes might be a mile long, meandering on his normal trails, daylight or dusk.

I never had to drag him back! There were some cool "talks" as I accompanied him back.

He had 3 cancers, said to be from Agent Orange
Material property Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive design Bumper

It took him a few years afterwards, but he finally got his Air Force ring after he retired.
My sisters' ain't gonna find out for a while.
I have it now, It will be on display in my "Army Room" (Man cave)
-----JEEPFELLER

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Grille

·
Premium Member
1986 CJ7
143 Posts
Good Morning ! I hope you each and all have a fantastic holiday and celebrate the things you are thankful for. Cherish the time with family today, and bask in the company of those you love. Take the time to truly appreciate them, give them a extra hug, hold them and really be truly thankful to have them, for it’s frightening how fast it can all be ripped away.
it’s very cliche but true.. cherish your time with loved ones and be thankful for them
Have a great day all.

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!

Reactions: ranger83

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #653 ·
From two counties away from JEEPFELLER Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm headed to the FLAPS to pick-up special-order Jeep parts.

I cooked the Thanksgiving chili Tuesday might to give the spice flavors to blend.

·
Premium Member
2011 Jeep JKU
11,864 Posts
Perfect Thanksgiving meal is cheese/meat/cracker plate, and/or hors d'oeuvres, with cocktails.

I will alternately allow you to cook a traditional meal, albeit at least a day before, so that today is turkey soup and sandwiches made with leftovers.

Whatever your tradition, I hope you all are well my friends.

Hoss

·
Registered
Willing to receive free donor parts anytime!!
166 Posts
Man you guys!..
Y'all touched me in my feels as the kids use to say. I'm late to the party here but a belated happy Thanksgiving to all!
My wife and I once again dined with the many at our local golden corral this year..while unspoken wishes were felt for our children to have more thought in including us in their individual days plans. But we ate well, stopped at the Kroger for days snacks and except for the screeching of our violet Indian ringneck, named Kalani, we returned home to an otherwise quiet house.
Cherie worked on her business stuff and crocheting and occasionally joining me as I spent the day/night looking at jeep pages, streaming motortrend shows and flipping tv channels... and of course nap intermittently.

I lost my dad and mom in 2005 & 2007.. I was alone to go through their cluttered small home to search for meaningful memories and came away with a very few things. My siblings were all in their own worlds of addiction and dysfunction and cared less about anything else but themselves.
The following week the house and the contents were burned down as a fire department training aid. Then after the burn a bulldozer buried any remaining physical proof of their existence.
My biological father is a retired Marine living in Jacksonville NC enjoying his solo bachelor life and cares little about being related to anyone and rarely keeps in touch.
Moral to the story.. Life is short and unpredictable so never pass up the chance to be with or invest time and love with the ones you love!

K.. now that everyone is thoroughly depressed!.. lol sorry about that.

In reality we/I are blessed and promised eternal life being saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. We have enough and need for very little. We have each other and with a warm home, our health and a comfortable means of living we are thankful.

On a bright note the engine and transmission are back in... Less bright note it's not setting quite right and I think the passenger side mount needs to be flipped around.

Anyways.. I'm on call this weekend so I better run... Take care everyone!

JR

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
I do this from time to time in person.

I usually win!

My 1st time on the net.

It's gonna have to be "His" not "Yours"

He has "Three Minutes" to complete his end of the challenge,

from the time I hit "Post Reply".

Actual Time does not post on the forum.

I'll go ahead and kick in an extra minute.

He's got 4 minutes to reply!

This is my coin #2 (Grenada/ Vietnam)----- my original #1 (bigger shield and "close to an old scroll"-- says Merrill's Marauders at the bottom.

on only one ribbon) is at my Mama's house in her jewelry box.

Well?????

----JEEPFELLER

Material property Publication Font Gadget Book

641 - 660 of 664 Posts