Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

The Breakfast Club

21764 663
JEEPFELLER and I have been talking about starting a thread where we could discuss our nonsensical BS without being accused of high jacking another thread and being told to get back on topic. This type of thread is not without precedent. We've had threads on football and hunting. This is our attempt. Improvements and suggestions are welcome.

Last night the Boss and I are having a late--by the clock--dinner at the local Chinese restaurant when my phone rings and it is the (in)famous JEEPFELLER so I ignored it. After I got home, I called him back and we had our weakly Breakfast Club meeting. Before anyone says we should have Breakfast Club meetings in the mornings let me clarify that now JEEPFELLER has accepted a position with Lowe's solving little old ladies plumbing problems--he can tell the tail of the flaming toilet seat--he goes to work sometimes at oh six hundred. I am not fit company at that time outside of deer season. There are three types of states in our great nation. We have red states, blue states, and states that have Waffle Houses where you can get a six course breakfast 24/7/365. If you don't like the color of your state move to one that has a Waffle House. Choose a home that is within five minutes of a Waffle House. With a Waffle House handy there is no restrictions as to when you have meetings.

I was glad to hear from JF. We last spoke Saturday when he told me how he managed to get a case of Montezuma's revenge in order to not go with Mrs. FELLER to her mother's to help rearrange furniture. After giving him ample time to recover she left him reposing on the throne referring to him as that part of his anatomy that was becoming inflamed--different tail he best can tell with diagrams and pictures of state troopers. I advised him to unload all weapons--especially his MA2 .50 cal--in his casa and hide the ammo and weapons in different places so that all he has to deal with is the Colt Python .357 she carries in her purse.

We did talk some Jeep giving each other advise neither will follow. Then almost in unison our wives walked in and told us to shut up, hang up, and turn on NCIS. The appropriate response was "Yes Mame!"

Bob Over
621 - 640 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 ·
I have to visit Verizon this morning and swap phones. I have three phones--One android that works, one that quit, and one iPhone--and two numbers. The iPhone 11 is less than a year old and the Boss got it so she could control her hearing aids and keep up with her readings on her blood sugar monitor. It wouldn't work with her hearing aids, so she had to get new one. It was cheaper to add a new number and get free phone than to trade phones. So, I now have an iPhone with a number nobody knows except for the offshore Medicare supplemental insurance salespersons. My son gave me his old phone which is one of those indestructible phones with a built on hard case. He changes phones like most folks change their underwear. It is the Android equal to the year-old iPhone. I may change my number to the iPhone just so I can force myself to learn it. It is as baffling to me as the T14 in the Jeep is to my daughter. I'll have them to put the new number on my son's old phone. Then I can leave obscene messages on JF's voicemail except he doesn't have it set up and if he did, he would never check it. I may have to borrow his 9-year-old granddaughter to teach me how to use this thing!

I'm off to see the phone wizards.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i HATE my samsung galaxy android. my iphone se (the old version) was miles better, and easier to use. it just wasn't 4G/5G capable, so when verizon started shuttering their 3G, i had to change. i will never, ever buy a samsung product again. it is a piece of turd.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #623 ·
i HATE my samsung galaxy android. my iphone se (the old version) was miles better, and easier to use. it just wasn't 4G/5G capable, so when verizon started shuttering their 3G, i had to change. i will never, ever buy a samsung product again. it is a piece of turd.
I've had positive experiences with Samsungs. I was going to get a new one until I found I couldn't get one the same size of the one I have. They are now longer and wider and don't fit in my pocket. The iPhone is close to the same size. The Kyocera my son gave me is the same length and width but is three times thicker and heavier. I asked him why he upgraded it and he said he couldn't keep his pants up with it in his pocket.

I have both phones set up now except for my contacts. Verizon wanted $30 a phone to transfer the data from the old phone but told me how to do it myself.

JEEPFELLER just told me I could borrow his granddaughter to teach me how to use this phone.

I need to find my USB B to C adapter so I can use my endoscope with my new to me phones. It is the last device I have that requires USB B connectivity. That is a good rainy-day project.

·
Registered
267 Posts
same issue, the galaxy is huge compared to my old iphone se, which fit in the small tool pockets of my shorts, and even in a watch pocket, although the pocket wasn’t deep enough for the entire phone (it was wide enough, though).

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #625 ·
My friend from HS Had back surgery 10 weeks ago and his wife is concerned that he is sitting on his backside in front of the TV too much and asks could I keep him busy. I asked if he wanted to help so he came over today. There are several things I need to do to the frame that are easier with a second person. He got a light workout helping.

Like most of you when I do dirty work, I wear old clothes only all of mine are too big for me and I'm having a problem keeping my pants up. Today I put on a pair of camo bib overalls that normally I wear over another pair od pants, but they don't fall down. I'm using all those oversized pockets and fill them up with nuts and bolts, wrenches, etc. I'm lying under the Jeep and Bill tells me I'm losing my phone out of my pocket so I hand it to him. Then he tells me it looks like I may have cracked the screen. I just got that sucker set up yesterday and now my screen is broken. Never have I been so thankful that I just scratched the screen.

Now if I can turn off the do not disturb feature so it rings when someone calls.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
A man and woman came in today,

She had a round piece of ABS in her and that resemble a doughnut with a big hole in the middle.

He kept saying that he needed

"That thing to hook that piece, back to the pipe it was on"

This was repeated over and over

an additional "YOU KNOW--YOU KNOW" was added in????

And saying it over and over did not make it have a meaning???

I FORCED it out of him to tell me or draw what he had butchered so that I might be able

to give him something to correct it.

After maybe 8-10 minutes, I decoded that he had sawed the bell off of a 3" ABS elbow (to try to get in and rod the line out)

Now he wanted to reconnect the "Bell-less" elbow back onto the vertical toilet line.

With this guy, replacing the elbow with the use of some couplings was 100% out of the question.

So I suggested using a 3" Fernco Band and sorta pulling the elbow 2"-3" up to connect to the pipe.

Before I got him the band, I decided to make it all fun!

I had the lady twist/ turn/ flip the piece she was holding and pointed to the "inner ring", which was

the seam where the pipe was still glued into the bell.

I then explained that all of that staining on the inside (where she was holding it) was nothing but pure poo poo!

She let out a scream and threw it in the floor, and proceeded to slap the man around!

Gosh I like my job!

That was Sunday,

I just applied for a job somewhere else while ago (Monday), I'm gonna miss,

"Hey, do you work here?"

Answer----Well, I'm here a lot!

"I have a quick question"

----Meaning---I don't know how to use a plunger, can you show me how to re-plumb my

house in 3 EZ steps, and get me everything needed?

If it's female

----answer---I'm am so sorry ma'am, I am married and she probably would not understand!

My interview lasted from 1050 AM (10 minutes early) until 1435 hrs

Maybe I was able to fool them too!

I hope I get this job!

-----JEEPFELLER

·
Premium Member
1986 CJ7
143 Posts
you know you spend too much time at the hardware store when a newer employee unlocks the door for you a half hour early and when the manager asked what he ws doing, he said, ' i thought he worked here"!
happened when we were renovating our last house....

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Maintenance at a property management/ real estate/ maintenance company

M-F, Mostly 8-5, On call every 8 weeks for a one week period.

I was told they have 8? fellers in trucks/ vans doing the service work.

Vehicle is a "Perk" to take home, saving Mr. Jeep's wear and tear!

Waiting for them to call me, I did suggest an executive position might be in order.

I found some pics of my 5th date with the mean lady that stays here.

This took place at the airfield that Cara has now been learning how to drive Willy on.

This took place back in 2003.

I made each date a out of the ordinary adventure (to her), like date 2 was canoeing on the lake after dark

I learned she had never been up in any aircraft, so I worked this all out with my friend,

He would call me when I was at her house and ask if I could "Swing By" and help him push one of his birds onto the strip,

before I took her on a "surprise date" in another town.

Jim is one of few folks that knows "Globe Swifts" inside and out, people fly in from all over the world

to get him to repair, or modify things, such as a sliding canopy or to install "Sticks" in place of the

original yoke controls.

His cream of the crop bird was a 1946 Swift that he named Margie. (same year as Willy!)

She was questioning Jim heavily about his whole operation before and during the "Pushing" part,

but had no idea, she was helping to push out her ride for the next 30 minutes.

When he told her to get in, she got really uneasy!

I eased her worries by explaining it was "Just a airplane ride" and that when I had my 1st Airplane ride,

I had to jump out, and it was maybe 25 more before I ever got to land in one.

She flew---She was so excited!

Flying in a bird like this is so much more adventurous than getting on an airbus.

I am NO DOUBT, the BEST BOYFRIEND IN THE WORLD!!!

(Now sought after by so many females)

I did not scan these photos, I just took pictures with my phone to get them on here fast.

-----JEEPFELLER

"WHAT???

I thought we were going somewhere else?"

Sky Flash photography Happy Gesture Plant

She even asked him how many times he had crashed!

World Sky Automotive mirror Eyewear Vehicle door

Aircraft Vehicle Airplane Propeller Propeller

Notice the "Love" in her gaze!

She's saying to herself, "I think I'm gonna get lucky again tonight!"

Vehicle Aircraft Airplane Aerospace manufacturer Aviation

This is the part where she actually started flying.

Sky Aircraft Airplane Vehicle Aerospace manufacturer

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #630 ·
Good luck on the new job. Then days and hours are much better than what you have now. A company truck to take home would be nice. You are going to need something to DD when you start on Mr. Jeep.

If that lady is mean, it is because you made her that way. You certainly have a keeper with her, but not the other way around.

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
Yes - How'd it go?

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
Good point!

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Well Fellers,

I go back to his office,

He wants to know if I can start now, or do I need to work a "notice"..

I told him I needed to work a 2 week notice.

He said that will be good, that would give him time to send me for a drug test and

do a background check, if all went well, I'm definitely hired.

He then introduced me to his secretary.

She sorta went thru the formalities, then (I as suspected), she said,

"I need you to do something for me".

I exclaimed that I am married and I'm pretty sure that my wife would not understand.

I could see the disappointment in her eyes when she said, "Oooooh man, I just knew

you were single".

She had me sign some releases.

Pretty much I needed to go to a screening office for this drug test,

I didn't even have time to go to Pill.com and study for it.

When I got there, I had to empty my pockets and go WeeWee in a cup.

When I got done, she said I could wash my hands.

I told her that it really was not be necessary, because I had not Whizzed on my hands at all, I am always careful.

Now

I'm sweating out that background thingee.

I wonder who they are gonna ask about my past?

I gave notice, but now I'm hinging on those results.

If it all goes to pot, I might be seeing what Mr. Bob pays to work on his Jeep.

------JEEPFELLER

621 - 640 of 664 Posts