Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

The Breakfast Club

21764 663
JEEPFELLER and I have been talking about starting a thread where we could discuss our nonsensical BS without being accused of high jacking another thread and being told to get back on topic. This type of thread is not without precedent. We've had threads on football and hunting. This is our attempt. Improvements and suggestions are welcome.

Last night the Boss and I are having a late--by the clock--dinner at the local Chinese restaurant when my phone rings and it is the (in)famous JEEPFELLER so I ignored it. After I got home, I called him back and we had our weakly Breakfast Club meeting. Before anyone says we should have Breakfast Club meetings in the mornings let me clarify that now JEEPFELLER has accepted a position with Lowe's solving little old ladies plumbing problems--he can tell the tail of the flaming toilet seat--he goes to work sometimes at oh six hundred. I am not fit company at that time outside of deer season. There are three types of states in our great nation. We have red states, blue states, and states that have Waffle Houses where you can get a six course breakfast 24/7/365. If you don't like the color of your state move to one that has a Waffle House. Choose a home that is within five minutes of a Waffle House. With a Waffle House handy there is no restrictions as to when you have meetings.

I was glad to hear from JF. We last spoke Saturday when he told me how he managed to get a case of Montezuma's revenge in order to not go with Mrs. FELLER to her mother's to help rearrange furniture. After giving him ample time to recover she left him reposing on the throne referring to him as that part of his anatomy that was becoming inflamed--different tail he best can tell with diagrams and pictures of state troopers. I advised him to unload all weapons--especially his MA2 .50 cal--in his casa and hide the ammo and weapons in different places so that all he has to deal with is the Colt Python .357 she carries in her purse.

We did talk some Jeep giving each other advise neither will follow. Then almost in unison our wives walked in and told us to shut up, hang up, and turn on NCIS. The appropriate response was "Yes Mame!"

Bob Over
1 - 20 of 664 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
I was on my way home from work yesterday when I noticed three Tesla’s in front of me. Two Blue ones in the same lane, and a Red one in the turning lane to the left.

None of them had a what would appear to be a computer monitor in the drivers seat, so I knew Mr JF wasn’t driving.

I don’t know if anyone noticed, but Mr JF recently claimed to have a mind like a computer when it comes to Jeep stuff.

When I consider Mr JF has never driven anything but a CJ, all of his entire adult life, I have to believe he must look like an old school monitor, maybe even one with a green screen.

Axel Out

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

• Haha
Reactions: Rilkery

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow three Teslas. I don't think I've ever seen or noticed three Teslas and you see a whole covey.

As for JF's computer like mind you must consider when he got his first CJ5 the Commodore 64 was the state of the art of computers, and it used a cassette tape for data storage. Most of his computer and cell phone technical knowledge he learned from his grandchildren. I have described him as having the wisdom and expressionisms of Jed Clampet combined with memory of Rainman.

Bob Over

·
Registered
1974 Jeep CJ-6
6,618 Posts
@Admin can this be moved back to the CJ forum and stickied at the top? The Wrangler forum section has it's own full off topic section and the YJ sub has it's own stickied non tech/BS thread. No reason that this one can't reside back in the CJ frorum where it was created.

·
Administrator
25,441 Posts
@Admin can this be moved back to the CJ forum and stickied at the top? The Wrangler forum section has it's own full off topic section and the YJ sub has it's own stickied non tech/BS thread. No reason that this one can't reside back in the CJ frorum where it was created.
That's up to the Moderator for the CJ section. I will say that the off topic thread in the YJ section has been very popular and prevents general chit chat among the forum participants from cluttering up the other threads.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why are you messing with the thread? JEEPFELLER hasn't even seen it yet and hasn't had time to defend himself or tell the flaming toilet story.

Y'all know one of us will post another one tomorrow.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Well sir, I ain't so never shur I ever heerd of this here jeep feller, so i ani't so shur 'bout this here breakfast thing, 'sides, ya'all didn't say nuthin 'bout no bacon... so how kin it be a breakfast if'n ya ain't got no bacon?

😁

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Co-founder of the B & JF Morning Chow Show has arrived!

Another day of "Square Dancing" with the customers in

aisles 30-38 at our local Lowes. Soon as I move 20 feet to grab something for one of them,

2 more latch on and need something else---"Square Dance" swinging from one to another

before I can fully aid the 1st one.

I reckon when they found out I was a fully 4 year apprentice trained plumber, with over 30 years

of experience, they flock to me like a drift of pigs on a feed trough at sloppin' time.

Over half are lost on what they want/ need to do, no sorta hands on anything experience, and

pretty much want me to teach them 30 years of plumbing in 10 minute or so (however, some want

the special 3 hours of attention, and tend to "hoard" me for themselves)

My only dislikes are standing at the tub/ shower section or the water heaters while they have an

hour long discussion on their phone. And the complicated procedures on using the computer to

special order stuff, or do any other procedure......I am still lost. Usually the minute I have someone to show me

60 seconds into it, I'm thrown back on the dance floor to square dance.

Yep, I learn all kinds of things from the dancers too.....neat stuff, dangerous stuff, rigging I've never seen before!

So today's lesson come's 1st hand from a really nice lady who came in, I talked her into sending

her 3 pics to my phone.

This lady was after a toilet seat.

Said hers was heat damaged, I inquired a little further.......

Said she smelled something burning.

She said the lint/ dust inside her fart fan (bathroom exhaust fan) had caught on fire

(Like a dryer can do also)

She is lucky this did not happen as she slept.

Pic 1) Check out the charbroiled fart fan

Pic 2) The flaming plastic grill drooled down

Pic 3) Got the seat and the flooring

NO JOKE! CLEAN YOUR FART FAN PERIODICALLY WITH A BRUSH/ COMPRESSED AIR/ ETC.

Thinking back she said, she was gonna clean the grill because she saw dust in the vanes.

She really needed to remove the grill and clean the innards above it too.

Said she posted the toilet on facebook, with the claim that her brother can make some mean chili beans!

Pic 5) bob4703's outdoor cook out center.....seat was cooked off long ago.

------JEEPFELLER

Special thanks goes out to our 1st member, Axhammer, for being the 1st guest on the show!

Wood Line Rectangle Tints and shades Metal

Wood Table Interior design Serveware House

Wood Interior design Flooring Floor Serveware

Outdoor grill rack & topper Kitchen appliance Home appliance Cuisine Cooking

·
Premium Member
2011 Jeep JKU
11,864 Posts
Not gonna judge that poor lady, feel like I've been there a time or two myself... and not because of fan lint!

Speaking of helpful hardware staff and mother in Laws, (and no disrespect to the big box gurus), but I was fixing an outside hose bib for mine a few weeks back. It was one of those long neck , frost free sillcocks.

Swung buy the closest home depot to get a new o-ring to replace the cracked one, took me about 5 minutes to find a guy to ask if they had them, and another good long minute for him to reply 'good question?' (They didn't, that I could find)

Crossed the street to lowes, found a fella who told me what aisle faucets were on, eventually made my way through 3 different rows full of no luck.

Drove up the road apiece to a local franchised ace hardware store, it's about the size of my house (give or take). Walked to the plumbing aisle, immediately found 4 6' tall bins of o-rings, picked through and found 2 singles and a multi-pack I was sure would suit my needs.

Walked up to the check-out counter and flopped down my purchases. Guy at the till asked what I was working on, and when I told him, he asked 'green handle on the valve?' I told him 'yep!'

He told me to follow him, which I did back to the plumbing isle, where he reached, no joke and without looking, into a bin and pulled out a single o-ring in a small baggie, and said ' this is the one you need'

I'm no idiot (well, I mean, I AM in many instances), but I've done municipal water works installation and maintenance for over 30 years, but that kind of knowledge and service still amazes me!

Where the heck is the waitress in this joint; my coffee is low and getting cold...

Hoss

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I see we aren't back where we belong with our friends. I didn't know that this forum existed. I've visited the ZJ forum because we now have one. It is nice to have Jeep that is cool in the summer and warm in the winter, drives like a civilized vehicle, looks nice, and has raw V8 power capable of towing the CJ5 to the beach. Dadgum it folks the posters there have very little in common with the folks in the CJ Forum. They don't have bad grounds. They don't have carburetor problems. Their biggest concerns are when the electrically heated seats don't work, and which leather polish to use on the seats. (I exaggerate slightly,) I've never had any use to post there because in the year+ we've had the ZJ I've only had one problem and that was a turn signal bulb burned out and I couldn't figure how to get to it to change it. You don't think I was going to admit that do you? What use is there to have a Jeep if you can't ask how to fix?

If I retitle the thread something like "CJ5 without a Rust Problem" Can we come home?

Bob over

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Mr. Bob,

I was a-thinkin' we'd be doin the breakfast show with all of our CJ friends???

I would never seek out this place, here, to gossip with my friends in the CJ parking lot.

Bob's Idea was to take the trail and let the busy highway kinda stay uninterrupted.

I kinda don't see the point, if all of our CJ buddies (not just the ones who did reply above)

Are not able to see what we/ they are dishing out.

.......I reckon it might be the time to scuttle this and keep jumping on a CJ thread like we have been

doing with our gossiping, 'least the other CJers will be in the same parking lot with us.

Kinda like the pilot show was diverted to a UHF channel that barely comes in,

I really thought season 1 would be a big hit.

-------JEEPFELLER

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's up to the Moderator for the CJ section. I will say that the off topic thread in the YJ section has been very popular and prevents general chit chat among the forum participants from cluttering up the other threads.
@John Strenk are you going to let this one back into the CJ sub forum? We haven't had a good BS thread in the Cj sub since lucdog retired and quit wasting time here almost 5 years ago.
JEEPFELLER
The above are the notes jotted down on the WH napkin on how to find that trail. How about it @John Strenk ? We have done our penance and won't do it again until next time so can we come home?

Fourtrail I feel honored to have my contribution of BS compared to the great Billy "lucdog's." I'm happy he is enjoying his retirement from the firehouse and now has better things to do.

Bob over

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
I must have made a bad turn, into the wrong parking lot, but it looks like a few other CJ’s did as well, I see them parked together on the other end.

Let me grab my lawn chair and thermos out of the back of my Jeep, this ain’t so bad now that I’m next to Mr JF & Bob

I’m thinking someone has a “Smoking Hot” recipe for beans. Too bad they are not a member of the local Volunteer Fire Department!

Maybe we can get that electrical feller with the giant snow plow on his CJ-5 to push us back into the correct parking lot?

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Snow Car

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ax I have an empty rocker sitting beside me in the picture above. Just bring the thermos. JEEPFELLER has the grands riding with him and they may let him slow down and enjoy our company. I feel like our plowman friend is ignoring us.

I do find it ironic that over here only two non CJers have posted and one of them admitted in didn't know the (in)famous JEEPFELLER.

Personally, I can't wait until you come our way in September to put a face to the name and knowledge.
I keep waiting for a firm date so JF can ask for the weekend off. We are working on others too!

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Anyone that has never hear of Mr JF, needs to get out more.

Yup, me too, I’m looking forward to locking-in a snappy salute, Sir.

That Jeep Rally in September, should be a nice little road trip, and a bunch of good Jeep people.

I recon the folks in the picture below know what I’m talking about! (Except the two civilians with their backs turned)

Vehicle Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Plant

Reactions: Rilkery
1 - 20 of 664 Posts