Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As requested by @bruinjeeper so he could see what a dusty grungy POS this Detroit Truetrac for my waggy front D44 that I just recieved from @shaggyjim really looks like. It has at least a dozen or more specs of dust on it and those are most likely because I unboxed it in the woodshop. >:)

His shipping crate is absolutely amazing. Fedex could not break it. If anything, it would have broke through the sides of their truck or destroyed somebody elses box during harsh maneuvers that causes cargo to shift. Nice Job Jim.

Thanks to the included sticker I now feel obligated to go wheeling with the Grand Mesa Jeep Club. JS.

Last pics are the boxes that I am building to make the wife happy so I can utilize the part in the box that shaggy built.

Thanks again Shaggy. You rock!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shop I work in provides me with free shop supplies for my own stuff. We have nice parts washers and other supplements. Even if they did not. I am not shy of providing said products on my own at home.

I am probably the cleanest nitpickiest mechanic ever when it comes to engines, trans work and diffs.

That carrier looks spotless on the outside. Are you recommending that I rope it to one of those barges stuck out in the Pacific for weeks to give it a thorough salt water flush? :grin2:

·
Premium Member
3,490 Posts
It should be but it sat in an open box on the floor of my one car, shop, welding booth, fab center, painting area and chicken recreation station for close to a year before I moved it to the shed. Im sure you'll look at it close I just wanted you to know where it lived during its transition.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really appreciate the heads up. So I need to treat it like it was in the garage where my 94 project is. The only thing that garage is missing is the chickens.

·
Registered
11,402 Posts
cool and congrats on joining Grand Mesa man!

I was officially inaugurated an unofficial member of the Cal4Wheel Association by @paulhead earlier this year in the same fashion! :laugh:
Well, Cal4wheel is state wide, so if you really want to feel special, then you'd want to be an unofficial member or NorCalJeepers. Of course, Tim would have to approve that... and he's purdy particular! :D

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
10,954 Posts
cool and congrats on joining Grand Mesa man!

I was officially inaugurated an unofficial member of the Cal4Wheel Association by @paulhead earlier this year in the same fashion!

Well, Cal4wheel is state wide, so if you really want to feel special, then you'd want to be an unofficial member or NorCalJeepers. Of course, Tim would have to approve that... and he's purdy particular!
So what you're telling me is all I need is a sticker printer... lol.

Gotcha.

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
The shop I work in provides me with free shop supplies for my own stuff. We have nice parts washers and other supplements. Even if they did not. I am not shy of providing said products on my own at home.

I am probably the cleanest nitpickiest mechanic ever when it comes to engines, trans work and diffs.

That carrier looks spotless on the outside. Are you recommending that I rope it to one of those barges stuck out in the Pacific for weeks to give it a thorough salt water flush? :grin2:
Maybe not. When I had to rebuild the engine in my Ducati M900 track mule due to a spun rod bearing working a track day at Talledega GP in AL I converted a spare bedroom to a "clean room" so I could set some of the nil bearing clearances in a clean and temperature controlled environment for max accuracy.

·
Registered
11,402 Posts
...........JF broke Jim, but it will not break that shipping box!

:pout:

^^^^ WTF THE EMOJI'S CHANGED?!?! DAMN YOU JF!!!
That's what I said... I want my dancing pickle back! :mad:🤬😡 😆

And what about "back to topic" and all the other emoji's that were forum specific and/or pertinent to a thread? This is dumb!!!

Reactions: fishadventure

·
Premium Member
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For me. So far I am not thrilled with this format but getting used to it. I do believe it has more capabilities in some ways but yet we on the F/12 have had a great thing and a lot of you have been on there a lot longer than me. Anyways, I want to be the guy that says the great thing about the F/12 is the group of fellers who hang out on here and have a good time and help and encourage each others and try to solve problems for even the newest of people with a welcoming spirit. It honestly is the coolest forum I have ever been a part of. I ain't gonna let it break me.
checking the emojis again to see if there are any that REALLY apply right now. I do not want to use just any old thing.
sorry. came up empty

·
Premium Member
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And I have not figured out the EDIT thing yet but I know how to post.

EDIT: I am really funny tonight and the rest of you are screwed trying to find the emoji to express that to me. You are under a lot of pressure when you look at those things. There really isnt anything good.

·
Administrator
339 Posts
Heya @Boojo35

Check out the FAQ HERE

Also, drop in on this thread for more tips and tricks on how to use the new software where you can ask any other questions:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts