21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Blissfully Unaware
1,095 Posts
Wow and wow again Hash .

You are so spoiled rotten dawg .

Must be very nice ?

Much respect to you Mother .

Not only does she seem to make great tasting food but she also set a very pretty/artful table setting .

Should you ever eat at my house Hash, the odds are, that you will be out of your lap, in paper plates .
The women in my life spoil the hell out of the men! I don't mind a paper plate at all but they wont buy them.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
When I die I want to go to your Heaven Hash .

You lucky ...

Your new/old CI waffle maker rocked it and I am sure your skills were heavily in the mix also .

It's picture, with it's cook, are cover worthy too IMO .

What make is it BTW ?

Jeff, I have commented here before about what a pretty plate you folks set and once again you nailed it bigtime .

My paper plates and food tray are so damn dull looking . :pout:

·
Blissfully Unaware
1,095 Posts
When I die I want to go to your Heaven Hash .

You lucky ...

Your new/old CI waffle maker rocked it and I am sure your skills were heavily in the mix also .

It's picture, with it's cook, are cover worthy too IMO .

What make is it BTW ?

Jeff, I have commented here before about what a pretty plate you folks set and once again you nailed it bigtime .

My paper plates and food tray are so damn dull looking . :pout:
It's a Griswold #8 1901 I had wanted one for the longest time. Thanks for the compliment it doesn't make the food taste any better I just like things to look a certain way my mom drilled that in my head when I was a kid.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hash, after seeing Jacob's birds from last year, I am seriously thinking about smoking 2 cornish hens on the rack above my vertically smoked ribs and just let them drip grease down on top of the ribs as they cook .

Any thoughts ?

Did you brine the yardbirds ?

·
Blissfully Unaware
1,095 Posts
Hash, after seeing Jacob's birds from last year, I am seriously thinking about smoking 2 cornish hens on the rack above my vertically smoked ribs and just let them drip grease down on top of the ribs as they cook .

Any thoughts ?

Did you brine the yardbirds ?
That sounds like a great idea give it a try! I didn't brine those birds but if i'm smoking I will usually brine overnight.

·
Bouncin' on a Budget
3,050 Posts
i plan on smoking a whole pork tenderloin for the 4th this year. Last year was smoked chicken.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I didn't know where to put this one; cast iron pan or 4th of July. The 4th screams summer to me, so this is where it ended up.

Let me tell yall about these BLTs I've been killing the last week or so. I happen to work very close to a farmers' market, and that market is very close to Grainger County here in East TN. Grainger County is well known in these parts for their wonderful tomatoes. The Boss requested 2-3 for her lunches, so I stopped in on my lunch break to see what everyone had. The price per pound was pretty steep, but they sold me a case for $35 - sold

If you don't know about Benton's bacon (another East TN delicacy) go here: http://bentonscountryhams2.com/ and I'd suggest this: http://shop.bentonscountryham.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=hscb I pass Mr. Benton's business on the way to a couple of my favorite paddling destinations, and if it wasn't on a Sunday, I'd always try to stop in. They cut a mean steak in there too, but it doesn't get as much attention. Anyway - bacon. This is the bacon you want for your BLT.

This is 2 pieces, each cut into thirds. I'll usually eat 1 or 2 thirds with my morning coffee, and save the rest for lunch.

The Boss picked me up some arugula while she was out and about. I don't have any pics of that, but it looks like lettuce and has a kind of nutty flavor to me. Take my word for it, you want to use arugula for this one. Just arugula, leave the spring mix crap at the store.

Anyway, I think yall know how this goes. Lightly toast your bread, put some Duke's mayo on it, arugula and bacon insulate the bread from the tomato juice...

S&P to taste - Enjoy!

The Boss and I have gone through that case in a little more than a week. I made 2 tomato pies that used the bulk of them, The Boss would eat at least half of one with lunch, and I've been killin these awesome sandwiches. So if the temp is heating up where you're at, or maybe it already feels like summer, bring this simple staple back to your plates. Better yet, pack a few for a picnic and go find a swimmin hole!

and remember to keep those skillets good and greasy!

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
yeah, I can see that just fine

looks like imma have to do a little digging - all the pics in my build thread are fubared too

covered up at work, but I'll get it sorted out eventually
They probably are limiting you due to the amount of bandwidth you are using. I don't post that many pictures to third party sites, if you do a decent amount, that might be why!

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.