Comments: does what i wanted it to do

·
Registered
5 Posts
Price $200
Pros Easy Install
Cons none!
Recommended yes

Comments: install went well, and came with great directions to complete it. Add in a Novak shifter and it's a great light duty setup!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Price $275
Pros eliminates driveline vibes caused by lifts
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: awesome all around product. I have a 2 inch lift, so the extreme short shaft kit was not needed. I had a couple reasons for going this route.

One was that I had only a 2 inch lift, but it was causing some driveline vibes and over time, those vibes are damaging to bearings, etc. on account of the steeper angles. A SYE or short shaft kit helps get rid of that.

Secondly, a short shaft kit will strengthen your transfer case since you have the ability to flex more.

I think most SYE kits are pretty much the same, so you can go whatever route you want. I went with Teraflex since I know the name and some people I know have it and are not experiencing any problems with it.

·
Lets All Go Hunting!
316 Posts
Price $800
Pros Short as **** nice product
Cons Non
Recommended yes

Comments: This came on a full unit I purchased it also had a 4:1
Great buy $800 for the whole thing

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
Price $260
Pros sye
Cons none yet
Recommended yes

Comments: I have the Pro Comp SS version but it is made by teraflex. Great sye at an affordable price. I went with the upgrade instead of just repairing a leaky seal. Got rid of the slip yoke and now it has room to grow!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Price $420
Pros Good price, straightforward install, seems like solid gear
Cons None so far
Recommended yes

Comments: Install went well. Literally just put it in, so I can't speak to reliability or longevity, but the parts seemed to be of good quality. Just remember that you have to hook the oil pump to the pick-up hose BEFORE you put the T-case back together! This would've saved me an hour today lol. The price includes a Tatton CV driveshaft.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price $200
Pros great customer service
Cons non yet
Recommended yes

Comments: did what it was supposed to .. great directions... bought on craigslist missing some hardware and they helped me get what i needed quickly and for a great price..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Price $410
Pros solid, cheap packaged with Tatton's CV DS
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Purchased my SYE kit on eBay from Tatton. He uses Teraflex SYE.
solid kit, cheap and Tatton is a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Price $349
Pros No more vibrations
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Just got it installed seems to be of quality, no vibes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Price $400
Rating 5
Pros Effective, quality parts
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Does what it's meant to. I purchased mine with a Tom Woods Driveshaft. Install will take some time, but is not too complicated. Ride is much better than before.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Price $400
Pros Easy install and some of the best machine work I've ever seen.
Cons None so far
Recommended yes

Comments: Don't hesitate to pick one up. I got it through 4x4 group buy and had a great experience with them. I requested the extreme short shaft kit first and sent them the DS measurement after. Tom Wood is very thorough and makes sure his parts fit perfectly before you receive them. All in all I've eliminated all the bad vibes from my jeep and fell in love with it all over again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.