532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $200
Rating 5
Average Price $207
Manufacturer TAG
Recommended Yes: 8 / No: 1

Ordered kit off Ebay as a low cost alternative to Smittybilt & BW. I found the kit to be high quality and fit very well. They are very study, Installed easily using the original mounting holes and look great. Very pleased :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Price $200
Pros great look, nice and soild, easy install
Cons none at this time
Recommended yes

Comments: really nice kit, comes with a few extra screws which is nice because i dropped one and still cant find it. looks just like the more expensive kits. A+ on this about 2hrs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Price $235
Rating 5
Pros Look Great, Easy Install, Good Price
Cons Don't cover everything the stock flares cover.
Recommended yes

Comments: Replaced my stock flares with these to improve the looks and keep the road mud off my windows since I added wheel spacers and larger tires. Install was easy and they look great. I've had them on about one month so far and really like them. The only issue is that they don't cover as much fender as the stock flares. THerefore there is a bit of damaged paint exposed.... but hey, scars just add character to jeeps!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Price $225
Pros Got them off ebay, cheap, easy to install, look great
Cons none so far
Recommended yes

Comments: Had no problems with them at all

·
Registered
58 Posts
Price $199.99
Pros Well made, great look!
Cons Crappy fasteners
Recommended yes

Comments: Fender flares themselves are well made and look great on the Jeep. However, the hardware provided to attach them was rather crappy. Came with what looked like zink screws, nuts, and washers and little black snap caps to make it look like it they are held on by beefy torx bolts! Snap caps were a PIA because they kept popping open after I installed them. Ended up taking them all off and getting some nice black torx bolts from Adquidneck Fasteners.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Price $205
Rating 5
Pros Great price, Easy install.
Cons None so far.
Recommended yes

Comments: I added some Bushwacker pocket flares to my 04 Rubicon. If there is a difference between that $400+ product and these TAG flares, I can't find it.

They went on easy and look fantastic at more than half the price. Got them on eBay with free shipping.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Price $200
Pros cheep, look nice on the jeep
Cons cheep, brittal, mounting hardware rusts super easy.
Recommended no

Comments: Cheep ebay bushwacker knock offs. They are quite brittal and WILL crack if rubbed while offroading. If you stay on the pavement and want an aggressive look for 1/2 the price of the bushwackers, these may be for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.