Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am resurrecting a project and trying not to learn the $$$ way. I just bought a T5 trams out of a jeep (model unknown) and am thinking about using it in my van. Will a transfer case from an XJ or a TJ with 23 splines mount to this trans?

What is the difference between a short and a long input shaft?

Are if I were to not go 4X4 is there a output shaft (other than a mustang, I like the location of this shifter in my van) from a Jeep that I can use? Or build one from pieces?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Darn over 100 looks and no info. Well I have found the T5 is also a trans for the Chevy S10. And keeps the shifter close to the gear box. Only a V6 power rating. Not that BIG power is something I am planning to build in my van.

·
Premium Member
9,346 Posts
If using a 4WD T5 the shifter will be located on the top rear of the transmission. A 2WD T5 like used in a Chevy S10 will have the shifter located on the tailshaft housing so my guess is that it will be further back than on a 4WD transmission.. As far as transfer case adaptability, I can't comment on that.

·
3,366 Posts
Isn’t there an NV3500 used in S10s and full size PUs 2 and 4x4s. It has the V6-V8 bellhousing pattern. You have to use a t-case for a GM but could work out well.

Ron

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, I am resurrecting a project and trying not to learn the $$$ way. I just bought a T5 trams out of a jeep (model unknown) and am thinking about using it in my van. Will a transfer case from an XJ or a TJ with 23 splines mount to this trans?

What is the difference between a short and a long input shaft?

Are if I were to not go 4X4 is there a output shaft (other than a mustang, I like the location of this shifter in my van) from a Jeep that I can use? Or build one from pieces?
i can answer your questions on this but do not want to spend the rest of my life typing so give me a call if you like at 612-309-3999.................612-309-3999

1 - 6 of 6 Posts