Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently grabbed one of these finger brakes, the DIY version for the HF 20 ton press.
Decided to do a video on putting the thing together and testing it out. I highly recommend picking one of these up

·
Registered
118 Posts
An awesome DIY addition to the shop, I also got the small bend plate for it. I did change out the HF 20 ton manual Jack for an air hydraulic !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An awesome DIY addition to the shop, I also got the small bend plate for it. I did change out the HF 20 ton manual Jack for an air hydraulic !
@Fldvr I had the HF air hydraulic jack for about a month. It worked good but I was pressing something and the crappy HF hardware on the eyebolts ripped the threads out mid press and the whole thing hit the deck cracked the jack. HF replaced it but they were out of stock so Itook the money back and got the Torin Big Red jack from amazon for a few bucks more. It sounds faster but I honestly think the HF air jack pressed a little faster.

I also did a bunch of other free/cheap mods to the press in this vid

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice video! When I bought the SWAG kit I got sidetracked by the arbor plates and started researching them.....I quickly bought the Swag arbor plates:)
I think the only downside is taking the Finger Brake off to use the press for "normal" stuff. Maybe I need 2 :) !

·
Premium Member
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice video! When I bought the SWAG kit I got sidetracked by the arbor plates and started researching them.....I quickly bought the Swag arbor plates:)
I think the only downside is taking the Finger Brake off to use the press for "normal" stuff. Maybe I need 2 :) !
If it's something that's not a hurry I have two more presses at work to use lol but it comes out pretty quick. Yeah the hf arbor plates suck and I'm actually looking into making my own, if my steel guy has stuff that thick. I kind of want the gooseneck dies and the hemming dies but that will have to wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.