Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2004 Wrangler Sport. Even after 11 years it is pretty much completely stock.

I want to put in a 3 inch suspension lift. Can i just get a full 3 inch suspension kit and have it installed? or would i need to make other modifications as well? (IE. Diff mods and such)

I am new to all this and could use some helpful advice.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sure you can just put a 3" lift on it with bigger tires.

You "might need" a slip yoke eliminator and longer rear cv style driveshaft if you expiriance vibrations.

To get your power back from installing larger tires you should regear to a lower ratio 4.10-4.88

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
3" lift basic and cheap, look at the zone 3"
3" lift top notch, look at the savvy/currie 3"
Huge difference in price!
but if you are planning on doing a complete lift, the savvy setup is a discount when adding the cost of control arms, track bars, anti-rock, bump stops, etc, etc.

nothing bad to say about the zone combo lift, its just not as complete. best thing about it is it doesnt give you low quality parts that will be replaced down the road

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
but if you are planning on doing a complete lift, the savvy setup is a discount when adding the cost of control arms, track bars, anti-rock, bump stops, etc, etc.

nothing bad to say about the zone combo lift, its just not as complete. best thing about it is it doesnt give you low quality parts that will be replaced down the road
All very true. At 3" alot of the currie savvy "extras" are not absolutely mandatory.
They are sweet additions, And would cost more seperately, Like u pointed out.

·
Vendor
8,288 Posts
I can put together a nice setup using Old Man Emu springs and Bilstein 5100 series shocks, etc. Nice thing about OME springs is we have a choice of spring rates so we can select the proper one in consideration as to how your Jeep is equipped. PM me if you'd like to chat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was looking at the 3" Zone Offroad kit w/ additional steering stabilizer, adjustable track bar and disconnects.

I plan to take it offroading but nothing too crazy (no hardcore rock crawling)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
chris15987 said:
Was looking at the 3" Zone Offroad kit w/ additional steering stabilizer, adjustable track bar and disconnects. I plan to take it offroading but nothing too crazy (no hardcore rock crawling)
I'm sure you will be happy with the Zone 3".
If there is nothing wrong with the steering stabilizer you have don't waste your money on one. You can make your own disconnects and there is a great write up on how to in the FAQ. I would also suggest using a Metalcloak track bar and not the zone track bar.

Something else to consider is the zone 4.25".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah. Probably wont get the steering stabilizer unless i need to.. will see how things are after all is said and done...

The only thing that sucks for me is i live in an apartment and dont have a garage to do the work in myself...Im also not very savvy working on my own stuff, unfortunately.

Gonna have to depend on some buddies with payments of beer... hahaha

I currently have 235/75-R15s on it and stock is 215s. So if i plan to go with 33X12.50-15s im sure i will likely want to regear. Any suggestions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.