Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts

· Registered
6,531 Posts
Democrats are lying about the numbers because that is what they do. They lied about the China virus numbers, they are lying about inflation, and they are lying about how the Green New Deal will be paid for. Why would anyone expect anything else????????

Why is the media only talking about the $10,000 forgiveness????? It's so stupid and ignorant, even the right leaning media (like above) is doing it.

60% (24,000,000) of loan holders qualify for the $20,000 forgiveness because they received Pell Grants. The median debt is $17k. The median income of BA/BS degrees is $67k so it falls FAR below the $125,000 income cap. And 90% of households have an income under $200,000 (again, FAR below the $250k household income cap).

I'm not putting in umpteen links that nobody is going to click on. Look it up.

There is more to consider when breaking down the numbers, but the fact is that the vast majority of people will be receiving far more than $10,000 in tax payer money. 24,000,000 X $17,000 is $408 BILLION alone. Not $300 billion as they say. That is not 100% fair math that I did, there is more to consider (and I'll admit that because I'm not a retarded Democrat). But that's a low estimate itself.

· Registered
6,531 Posts
Do you want to know whose loans you're paying $20,000 for?

1. A lawyer who makes ~$200k / year...but he's married so he qualifies for $20k.
2. A computer science/software engineer who makes ~100k / year and has job prospects out the butt.
3. A software engineer who makes ~90k / year (lives at home, no house, no kids, no wife), could easily get a job making ~$120k, and bought a $35,000 car a few years ago.

If fact, ALL of these individuals have spent money frivolously at the same time that they should be paying their loans. Cars, vacations, etc.

Just some personal anecdotes that I guarantee describe the majority. Just spend some time looking at BASIC income statistics. Spend approximately 45 seconds thinking about the people you know, and you'll realize they're all going to get their entire debt wiped out or $20k, and they're far from any definition of "needing" it.

DEMOCRATS ARE LYING.

Hopefully this is challenged in the courts as predicted.

· Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Do you want to know whose loans you're paying $20,000 for?

1. A lawyer who makes ~$200k / year...but he's married so he qualifies for $20k.
2. A computer science/software engineer who makes ~100k / year and has job prospects out the butt.
3. A software engineer who makes ~90k / year (lives at home, no house, no kids, no wife), could easily get a job making ~$120k, and bought a $35,000 car a few years ago.

If fact, ALL of these individuals have spent money frivolously at the same time that they should be paying their loans. Cars, vacations, etc.

Just some personal anecdotes that I guarantee describe the majority. Just spend some time looking at BASIC income statistics. Spend approximately 45 seconds thinking about the people you know, and you'll realize they're all going to get their entire debt wiped out or $20k, and they're far from any definition of "needing" it.

DEMOCRATS ARE LYING.

Hopefully this is challenged in the courts as predicted.
Your right. Over 60% of these people receiving this illegal gift are people that make good money by today's standard. This will be overturned by some court but only after the midterms cus the stutent loan program was approved by congress and only congress can "redo" or undo this crap.
I stand by my earlier statement about this action in post# 23. This isn't going to work out like they planned just like the "get Donald Trump plan" that has been going on for 6 yrs. How and or why would anyone listen to the left wing loony toon "news" about this or Trump....... "Oh we got edievence of russian collusion" NOPE. Oh Trump didnt pay his taxes.... nope Ba Ba Ba and so on and everytime something more moronic comes up they say "I hope he goes to jail" this time.
How many times do you have to be lied to before you release your a MORON for believeing any of this Sht?

Please madonna, make your dream a reality!

· Registered
6,531 Posts
Yes, any challenging will happen after the midterms. But as we know, Democrats are retarded, and this executive order absolutely will buy many, many votes. If this does not go through it will be used against Republicans, and it will be used against the SC or whatever court swats it down (if they even do). That would be beneficial for Democrats in 24.

Unfortunately, the "get Donald Trump" plan is working. People hate him more than ever. He is heavily damaged goods and an extreme risk to run in 2024. The people of this country are not smart enough. Can you name a single Democrat (or supposed independent who voted D in 2020) who will even acknowledge the bias against Trump and the right, never mind change their vote? I can not. They only Octuple down.

· Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,715 Posts
Yes, any challenging will happen after the midterms. But as we know, Democrats are retarded, and this executive order absolutely will buy many, many votes. If this does not go through it will be used against Republicans, and it will be used against the SC or whatever court swats it down (if they even do). That would be beneficial for Democrats in 24.

Unfortunately, the "get Donald Trump" plan is working. People hate him more than ever. He is heavily damaged goods and an extreme risk to run in 2024. The people of this country are not smart enough. Can you name a single Democrat (or supposed independent who voted D in 2020) who will even acknowledge the bias against Trump and the right, never mind change their vote? I can not. They only Octuple down.

I'm usually in agreement with everything you say.. but I do disagree here.

I see Trump support growing.

Moderate Dems are looking around at what they have slowly aligned themselves with... perhaps awakened a bit by how terrible things are and the truth rumblings make their way to the surface.

These Democrat voters I think are a little embarrassed as evidenced by their lower voter turn out of late

· Registered
6,531 Posts
I'm usually in agreement with everything you say.. but I do disagree here.

I see Trump support growing.

Moderate Dems are looking around at what they have slowly aligned themselves with... perhaps awakened a bit by how terrible things are and the truth rumblings make their way to the surface.

These Democrat voters I think are a little embarrassed as evidenced by their lower voter turn out of late
I don't see any of that.

Why did you delete your parts about currency and bitcoin?

I agree that money is the way that the establishment is destroying the middle class. The primary purpose of the plandemic, The Green New Deal, and this student loan forgiveness was to destroy middle class wealth and power. USD is trash. Nothing protects it. Apparently presidents can print trillions of dollars on a whim.

I don't have a strong opinion about bitcoin. But I question how it is fully protected from similar manipulation. What prevents governments from holding reserves that they use to control the economy?

And there will still be debt (which, yes, is slavery).

I am just guessing that you would blame the collapse of bitcoin in recent months on the same people who are currently manipulating currency. Is that accurate? If not, what does explain it?

· Registered
1,577 Posts
Nothing is foolproof. Except to fools. There's always a way to manipulate currency, physical or digital. Money gets stolen or transferred, Bitcoin gets hacked or transferred. Many people have lost digital keys and access to their Bitcoin with no recourse. Currency is always subject to theft. Who does the stealing can be anybody's guess.

If you choose not to accept that, it is what it is.

· Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,715 Posts
Nothing is foolproof. Except to fools. There's always a way to manipulate currency, physical or digital. Money gets stolen or transferred, Bitcoin gets hacked or transferred. Many people have lost digital keys and access to their Bitcoin with no recourse. Currency is always subject to theft. Who does the stealing can be anybody's guess.

If you choose not to accept that, it is what it is.
Bitcoin is cryptographically secure. That's a myth.

In fact you can consider it foolproof... yes.

It's exchanges and websites and irresponsible traders that get hacked. I'm air gapped, built my own node hence my system is permissionless as i interact with the blockchain direct.. no 3rd party middle man.

I also built my key device which is completely trustless.

I suppose if someone lost their keys.... they really weren't being smart about it. As for exchanges getting hacked (like any other website or online payment system mind you, including banks)... those exchanges online connected wallets are holding BTC just so these people can trade back into the debt based fiat ponzi scheme. Lol.

They don't get it and won't get it. They treat it like a tech stock.

Wrong outlook.

· Premium Member
11,835 Posts
There's always a way to manipulate currency
Getting actually stolen is way different than manipulating currency.
Money supply is one manipulation. Related but actually not tied 100% to money supply but actually causes an increase in money supply is our banking system.

Gold is less subject to ‘sticky’ inflation because its increase is merely by mining, and the new supply of Gold cannot be fractionalized by banking (other than outright fraud). You can’t make it appear on paper: you can’t create it at the rate of 900% by lending it.

The economy does not require inflation to be healthy- it requires three things to be healthy:
—regular changing of hands
—limited or no government set prices
—a free market to reveal ‘the natural price of things
you would blame the collapse of bitcoin in recent months on the same
bitcoin collapsed because it is dependent. It is not independent because it can’t exist outside of technology and faith.
Gold exists without techknowledgy (sp intended) and it continues to exist even if you don’t have any faith in it. It is independent.

Other things are like gold in some aspects. Crude oil, other metals, intellectual property, a bushel of wheat. Etc. They key feature is they have a fixed value. That their price fluctuates is the nature of the currency aspect and perhaps supply.
Soaring stocks isn’t a fixed value item.

· Registered
6,531 Posts
Gold is less subject to ‘sticky’ inflation because its increase is merely by mining, and the new supply of Gold cannot be fractionalized by banking (other than outright fraud). You can’t make it appear on paper: you can’t create it at the rate of 900% by lending it.
Is this not what Bitcoin promises? You can't create it?

The economy does not require inflation to be healthy- it requires three things to be healthy:
—regular changing of hands
—limited or no government set prices
—a free market to reveal ‘the natural price of things
I agree mostly. But with the aforementioned gold standard, individuals could expect that with a growing population and increased demand that their share of the "gold" (or gold based products) would be worth more as time passed. That's inflation. And future generations could trust that they can participate in the same steady, low risk, long term growth.

bitcoin collapsed because it is dependent. It is not independent because it can’t exist outside of technology and faith.
Gold exists without techknowledgy (sp intended) and it continues to exist even if you don’t have any faith in it. It is independent.

Other things are like gold in some aspects. Crude oil, other metals, intellectual property, a bushel of wheat. Etc. They key feature is they have a fixed value. That their price fluctuates is the nature of the currency aspect and perhaps supply.
Soaring stocks isn’t a fixed value item.
I was just going to say that it has collapsed because people have treated it like a new stock. They have been gambling. Huge gains, huge losses. These are the unsurprising consequences of gambling. I'd wager that 90% of the people invested don't understand it or necessarily believe it should be the standard. They just want a payday. None of that to say it has no value.

USD also can not exist without faith. I have no faith anymore. Governments spend with absolutely no restrictions, and your fellow citizens support it. There is no faith to be had in the politicians making a concerted effort to destroy the 3 things you listed, and the retarded people who support them. And make no mistake, there are MANY people who support them.

We were taken off the gold standard and have just had faith ever since. Faith that our governments would act in our best interests. They are acting against us.

What do you think would happen with a crypto currency standard? If Bitcoin were even just the unofficial standard for the US (say 80% of transactions used Bitcoin) what would protect it from being controlled by the rich and foreign countries? What would stop China from buying enough Bitcoin to manipulate its value? And would we not want our own government to do the same to protect against such manipulation? Would we not still be functioning on debt?

· Premium Member
11,835 Posts
But with the aforementioned gold standard, individuals could expect that with a growing population and increased demand that their share of the "gold" (or gold based products) would be worth more as time passed. That's inflation. And future generations could trust that they can participate in the same steady, low risk, long term growth.
That’s because you believe the lie that wealth and a healthy economy require inflation. They do not. Inflation throughout history was always a problem to avoid or overcome.

Is this not what Bitcoin promises? You can't create it?
You can’t get more but it is created, it is dependent. It cannot function as a fixed-value currency as it is valuated by whatever fiat currency you by it with. And it can die with computers. I’m not specifically advocating for gold- no, I’m merely pointing out the fallacy of belief dependency of gold.

were taken off the gold standard and have just had faith ever since. Faith that our governments would act in our best interests. They are acting against us.
The gold standard protected the dollar. Off the gold standard money is created, causing inflation. It’s not real money that gets created anyway. It’s a note; that’s why there’s less actual cash available in real life than the paper exchanged in the economy. And I don’t mean paper money, I mean loan contracts.
to manipulate its value
Can China manipulate the value of gold? No. And yes.
By their possessing it they have buying options not formerly held because they can pay in gold if their currency (notes) defaults. But by holding it it becomes scarcer and maybe take more of their or our currency to buy an ounce. But it’s value is essentially fixed- the currency exchanged for it is what changes its ‘value’ economically. So no they can’t affect gold’s value. Sorta.
On the other hand, their currency is value-sustained by the stability of gold and they can use that to exchange their low-cost fiat currency for ours and suck up the supply forcing the printing of more and collapse our currency. So yea they can.
still be functioning on debt
I have thoughts but I’m not Thomas Sowell or Adam Smith nor a PhD so I’m going to abstain because I’d be making stuff up.

bitcoin can be decided against, whatever. But even the gold lost from Spanish galleon wrecks is still there. Gold doesn’t require faith, computers, or a system of exchange to exist, and it exists in spite of belief; its there with or without belief. Belief is different than faith; faith is believing in things not seen.

· Registered
2 Posts
Democrats are lying about the numbers because that is what they do. They lied about the China virus numbers, they are lying about inflation, and they are lying about how the Green New Deal will be paid for. Why would anyone expect anything else????????

Why is the media only talking about the $10,000 forgiveness????? It's so stupid and ignorant, even the right leaning media (like above) is doing it.

60% (24,000,000) of loan holders qualify for the $20,000 forgiveness because they received Pell Grants. The median debt is $17k. The median income of BA/BS degrees is $67k so it falls FAR below the $125,000 income cap. And 90% of households have an income under $200,000 (again, FAR below the $250k household income cap).
And despite the fact that for many students this is a serious problem, the Democrats do not want to look for a solution from the current situation. Many applicants would like to choose specialties useful for society or work not in commercial companies but in state ones, but the cost of education is too expensive so that after receiving a diploma they could choose a dream job. At the University, we were asked to write an essay on an important social topic and I remembered that I have topics for a dream essay https://papersowl.com/examples/i-have-a-dream/ and with the help of materials from this resource I want to write a paper and try to publish it and make it popular. After all, if society tries to defend its rights, it will be better for all of us.
I'm not putting in umpteen links that nobody is going to click on. Look it up.

There is more to consider when breaking down the numbers, but the fact is that the vast majority of people will be receiving far more than $10,000 in tax payer money. 24,000,000 X $17,000 is $408 BILLION alone. Not $300 billion as they say. That is not 100% fair math that I did, there is more to consider (and I'll admit that because I'm not a retarded Democrat). But that's a low estimate itself.
Democrats, like other politicians, of course lie, and the situation with student loans, in my opinion, will only get worse. I think that education will only rise in price and loans will become even more unprofitable, but I do not think that politicians will be interested in solving such problems as student loans in the near future.

· Registered
1,577 Posts
I think their point is that a bank wouldn't give a loan that is risky.

But you can get a student loan for a degree in underwater basket weaving that would be approved.

For a standard bank, that would be a loan they couldn't justify approving.

· Premium Member
3,241 Posts
A quote from someone I met twice:
“Government isn’t the solution to the problem. Government is the problem.”
Fish, we know it but the braindead democrats are clueless...... They need a mommy and daddy/government to take care of them.
Someone please challenge that true statement,

41 - 60 of 67 Posts