Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

· Registered
6,531 Posts
Interest or not, it all costs taxpayers. It is all lost money.

Politicians only complain about college costs, but then proceed to throw more money at the problem, further inflating the costs! (Sound familiar???) Governments own the schools, control the funding, control the student aid, and control the subsidized loans. They have all of the authority necessary to control costs, but they won't do it.

Give me one good reason why they would? What incentive would such a lucrative system have to make changes?

All loan forgiveness is wrong. I am not telling anyone to not take it, but it is a bad government policy.

· Premium Member
3,241 Posts
It i offend anyone with my language then i must being including you in this........................ If you cant pay your Mother fn bills and expect me and all the other people in this country to pay YOUR bills when you know full well that what you signed up for F U !!!
Get off your lazy A S S and get a job you deadbeat
Any questions

· Registered
6,531 Posts
As long as the 'forgiveness' comes out of the payment of interest over the term of the loan, I have no problem with it, but if it starts getting 'borrowed' from other funds/increases taxes, then screw that. As for the 'cost' of higher education, if the colleges and universities didn't have to create a club med type atmosphere to attract students the cost wouldn't be nearly what it is. Students have gotten into the mindset of going for the experience and not the education. Due to this the smaller affordable schools are going belly up trying to compete with the larger schools and the retention rate is dropping for return students due to the cost and academic ability. When you spend more money to get the student on campus and needing them to stay for at least 3 years to recoup the recruitment cost and they leave in 2, it raises the costs across the board for those that do stay.
And yes, schools are full of fluff.

Through the plandemic, teachers and professors have fought tooth and nail to keep from going to work. Apparently the only thing that a student needs to learn is a laptop. I think we have a fantastic opportunity for cost savings both at the university level and k-12.

Sell or downsize all of the school infrastructure. Fire unnecessary staff. We can get some of those immigrants that liberals love to flood the country with to take their jobs. It will become an "employer's market" for teachers since they can be sourced nationwide - OR - worldwide.

· Registered
6,531 Posts
It i offend anyone with my language then i must being including you in this........................ If you cant pay your Mother fn bills and expect me and all the other people in this country to pay YOUR bills when you know full well that what you signed up for F U !!!
Get off your lazy A S S and get a job you deadbeat
Any questions
I graduated in 2009 from a school that cost $14k tuition per semester (no room and board included. This is >4X avg tuition today, never mind back then. I graduated with $17k in debt and saved up enough money in well under a year after graduating to pay it off...during a recession, in the automotive industry, in Detroit, where there were no jobs.

These are parasitic, irresponsible students and parents looking for handouts.

I graduated with people who had $100k and $180k debt for the exact same degree! And I will be the first to tell anybody that it was foolish for me to go to such an expensive school. But there are a variety of options to drive down the cost of schools (transferring credits is a big one). I didn't pay anywhere near the sticker price of my school or those with the aforementioned debt.

If I get paid back for my college and my kids.
Yes, why can't I get my money back? I wasn't rich, and neither were my parents.

There is no incentive in life to be responsible. The more you make, the more government punishes you.

· Registered
25,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I made a good living without a high school deploma <<<<<< and i retired at 49....
I'm pushing my 17 year old into a trade where he can run his own business one day.
If he needs a degree, his *** is going to Wake Tech, not some big name state college...

· Registered
6,531 Posts
Wow, a flicker of logic from a Democrat:

"I sometimes think that our party spends a little bit too much time talking about the debt and not enough time talking about the cost of the degree, because that's where the real problem is," he added. "We're going to be in a perpetual cycle of having to forgive debt if college continues to spiral upwards to $100,000 a year."
A Democratic senator with student debt says his party 'spends a little bit too much time' on loan forgiveness without addressing the cost of a degree (yahoo.com)

· Registered
1 Posts
We attempt to do exactly the same thing. I have 1 charge card I utilize that gets hit with month to month
charges, for example, capacity unit, DJ pool for downloading melodies, and so on. I take care of it
prior to it's expected consistently. Just other obligation I have is the house, the boat, my
TrailHawk. (Both through a credit association low interest) I likewise got us two or three
gas cards that will be taken care of each and every month, and that is on the grounds that we save 0.10
pennies on each gallon! (0.30 pennies a gallon for the initial 2 months) We played
by the guidelines, and didn't request the understudy loan pardoning.

· Registered
11,939 Posts
We attempt to do exactly the same thing. I have 1 charge card I utilize that gets hit with month to month
charges, for example, capacity unit, DJ pool for downloading melodies, and so on. I take care of it
prior to it's expected consistently. Just other obligation I have is the house, the boat, my
TrailHawk. (Both through a credit association low interest) I likewise got us two or three
gas cards that will be taken care of each and every month, and that is on the grounds that we save 0.10
pennies on each gallon! (0.30 pennies a gallon for the initial 2 months) We played
by the guidelines, and didn't request the understudy loan pardoning.
smell something? I do it smells like BS. spoiled spam kinda....

· Registered
13,345 Posts
Has anyone thought maybe a compromise -
Eliminating the interest owed not the inflated debt.
Tying tax returns, income deductibles and other offsets to the owed amount.
> sorry no $ INCENTIVE for your Tesla.. Solar panels etc,

· Registered
6,531 Posts
Elimination of interest in some cases has happened.

I do not agree with that either. Just like everything "progressive" these compromises are intended to put us on a slippery slope where we will always be rolling around in the mud of subjectivity. It's how "rape and incest" have normalized full term abortion. It's how "sensible gun laws" have normalized banning guns altogether.

You take out debt = You pay debt back with interest. Period.

Financial pain is important. Everyone should feel it. Instead, we relentlessly bail people out and only exacerbate the problem. It is the intent of the left to have this problem balloon as it is.

The problem is the cost, not the debt. Any politician who doesn't make correcting the cost of schools first and foremost is absolutely, 100% unconcerned with student debt. They are liars.

Schools spend hundreds of millions on things not associated with education. Schools sit on BILLIONS in cash while not paying taxes, taking tax payer money directly, and taking tax payer funded subsidized loans and grants! All while jacking up tuition far beyond inflation!

Colleges and Universities are the ultimate "big business" or "evil corporation" that the left NEVER complains about.

· Registered
13,345 Posts
I agree especially with the college duplicity, but giving blanket loan forgiveness? I hoping looking for something to be agreeable to both sides. Wanting to hear some ideas.. 10s of thousands for medical maybe BUT the same for amount for 'merchandising' GMAFB? there's lots we need to address esp when its my $$$

*costs, value of product, left leaning, non accountable for product

· Registered
6,531 Posts
There really aren't 2 sides within political leadership. None of them are fighting the real problem: COST. They are all sold out to their real constituents: the schools. Demanding that tax payers give all of their money to these corrupt, greedy, tax evading corporations.

Everyone in massive debt that they "can't" pay off is an idiot. Doctors have enormous debt...and they make enormous amounts of money. Lawyers are the same. The costs are still absurd, but at least from a personal finance perspective it can be a reasonable choice.

Yet, the FACT is that loan forgiveness would benefit these people the most. Those who went to the most elite universities and/or got degrees that would easily pay off their loans. You know, the median student loan debt is $17,000. You tell me that's insurmountable. Tell me you don't see graduates blow that amount of cash annually. That they don't drive cars that cost 3X as much.

Funny how you can find any information you want on the internet for FREE, but schools are charging more than ever, far beyond inflation. Throughout the entire plandemic professors, staff, and students fought to stay out of the classroom. These retards see education as no more than a Youtube video. But we need multibillion dollar campuses and hundreds of millions of dollars in staff to run them? What a joke.

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
It's another Brandon-style slap in the face to the voters. Lefty polls show Americans oppose loan forgiveness by margins of 60-35, almost 2 to 1 against.

We're already above a level of government debt that would drive any smaller country into default. That places us in uncharted territory, whereby default on the government debt can happen any time, probably to be precipitated by the chinese communist party during the next Republican president.

This upcoming near-term default on the government debt will require a 50% reduction in all government spending, including social security and medicare.

· Registered
1,577 Posts
My daughter and I would benefit if they move forward with loan forgiveness. But I truly hope they don't do it. It's a bad policy financially.

And it opens the door to the F word that seems to be yelled about with great effectiveness lately by just about anyone. Yes I'm taking about the word "Fair".

· Premium Member
11,835 Posts
I'm pushing my 17 year old into a trade where he can run his own business one day.
If he needs a degree, his *** is going to Wake Tech, not some big name state college...
Why are you waiting? Mennonite kids are trained in a trade and ‘graduate’ their schools at 15yo. And have you ever seen a hungry Mennonite/Amish panhandling? Nope.

Met a left-parented kid 16yo the other day, not Amish, modern lefty. He has several mowers, truck and trailer, and has scads of clients. No he’s note helping his dad’s business, dad is a chef. An anomaly in several dimensions.

So why wait? Are Mennonite kids better than yours?

· Premium Member
11,835 Posts
50% reduction in all government spending, including social security and medicare
I have the answer! Start requiring work for welfare, and send the people that consume 1/3 of the federal budget to work. Yep, make ‘em get jobs! That ups production in society and the bloated rents will start shrinking to affordability by necessity. The ‘natural price’ principle. Everyone would benefit and China will start wondering what hit them.

So that transfers COST to production.

Strip fed budget of pork fat politician’s benefits. Make them obtain health care insurance like the rest of us. That’s not much but is a start. Term limits, budget reduction. That’s a drop in bucket but another piece of leading by example.

And stop subsidizing other countries’ green initiatives- let’s take care of our families with our dollars first. Make fossil fuels great again and WISELY move to greener solutions instead of sucking the discretionary income out of the economy and giving it to big oil- which is exactly what’s happening right now.

That won’t make up the 50% but it will be 40% there AND increase tax revenues which sounds like a good plan to stop the incredible theft of money in giveaway programs that merely succeed in raising profits for the corps while the working folks pay for it.

· Registered
25,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Why are you waiting? Mennonite kids are trained in a trade and ‘graduate’ their schools at 15yo. And have you ever seen a hungry Mennonite/Amish panhandling? Nope.

Met a left-parented kid 16yo the other day, not Amish, modern lefty. He has several mowers, truck and trailer, and has scads of clients. No he’s note helping his dad’s business, dad is a chef. An anomaly in several dimensions.

So why wait? Are Mennonite kids better than yours?
No not better, LOL. He said he wanted to "take a year off" so I handed him
his bills for the month including rent. He works full time for now, but needs
to get his *** in to a real trade.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts