Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to hear a squeak coming from my brakes on my 2015 JKU. I bought it used years back, and when I did I put a 2.5" lift on it and have been driving it for years.

As I went to remove the brakes today the wear pattern is insane!

The inside Front Passenger side pad was completely gone and starting to wear away the inside of the rotor!
The Outside pad was gone, but not nearly as bad as the inside and on the Front Drivers side, there is wear, but still about half the pad left.

My initial thought was that I never upgraded my front or rear track bar and this is causing the jeep to Dip to the right when I brake and causing the wear.

Does that make any sense? If not, does anybody know what may be causing this?

Thanks

Ian

Attachments

·
Registered
9,140 Posts
Stuck caliper.

Phenolic pistons are known for this when they get hot and have a lot of miles on them.

I worked in retail auto parts while in college and saw and learned a lot from stuff people would bring in and mechanics would talk about.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Stuck caliper.
Phenolic pistons are known for this when they get hot and have a lot of miles on them.
I worked in retail auto parts while in college and saw and learned a lot from stuff people would bring in and mechanics would talk about.
If it was a stuck caliper, then his brakes would be hot and burnt.
Stuck guide pin causes the uneven pad and rotor wear

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Rarely do people pull the guide pins off and clean and regrease them. My bet is the guide pins are nasty. Takes just a few minutes to pull them off and clean them up. I just did mine a few weeks ago when I did new pads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts