Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was doing some wiring on the 7 and I just Don't care for the Ignition setup and all of the old Plastic Turn signal small parts, decided to go with a Tube Steering Column setup with no electrical (about $200 Nostalgia Column from Speedway), Ignition Key moving to Dash along with turn Signals put on and LED switch. Set down on the Bench wired this circuit, Thought I'd share it in case Somebody needed it. This circuit is good for one Corner, you could use a DPDT and put it on one switch, but you would Still need a separate Circuit for the Rest.
Handwriting Rectangle Whiteboard Line Font

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can Power a 4-pin relay to one Front corner off Power wire coming from switch to Fire 86, and split power wire coming off Flasher to feed Power to 87 on 4 pin, when switch is activated, it will trigger coil and 87,30 will complete circuit Flash front. The front not being LED you will have to install another Flasher Inline and Feed 86, and flasher then to 87.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John now that I have Pondered on it, depending which Bulb you are running, If LED you just come off the Flasher Load straight to Front Light. If you are Filament come off the Load side of switch into the Flasher and then Light. Another Relay wouldn't be necessary.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You Bet, got my New Column Ordered Yesterday, get it in I'll Post a Picture

·
Registered
1974 Jeep CJ-6
5,649 Posts
Quick release wheel column? If so, unless they have updated the release pin, it lasts about 3 offroad trips and then the lock ball falls out and you put a bolt and nut in it and forget about the quick release.

Sorry, but thats seems like over complicating just putting a signalstat 900 on the column.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yea, I hear you, there are better Quality Pins around Race Shops here in the South, *** of Dirt Trackers and Speed Shops. You are missing the Point, I won't O wiring on my Column, and that 50-year GM Column with Birds nest wrapped around it and Ignition switch is Gone. Under the Dash will be so much nicer, I'll run the Jeep with a 1/3rd of the Factory wiring

1 - 11 of 11 Posts