Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Stock springs or aftermarket?

279 8
So I was at the junk yard today looking for a couple trim pieces and I ran across a zj like mine and what caught my eye was the coils. So my question is how can I tell if the springs are OE or after market? I cleaned the shock off and it was an old man emu shock. Curious if they are worth pulling off. I’ll drop some pictures thanks for the info.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Automotive tire Wood Gas Tints and shades Fender
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
On my 3 ZJs all the coils were black, and the stock UC coils I bought later on were black.

Red not sure, I'd grab them. And the BB pucks too. Even if you don't want a BB, they can be cut laterally and used as levelers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I just got out the junk yard. Anyone know the stock coil length to compare. I grabbed the pucks too. Let’s say they are stick with what I got including mine in the Jeep how can we get little tire clearance? The previous owner put these tires and wheels and they rub bad

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Ive never seen a red old man emu spring/shock, but if those are OME, they are the best you can get.

·
Premium Member
11,857 Posts
I'm about 100% sure coils and shocks are painted, brand unknown but could be OME if that's what the info was on the vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts