Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys and Gals,
I'm new to this forum, just starting to figure out how to use it. I have been on wrangler forum for the last 3 years.

I have been doing reviews for products because I believe there are never enough, especially review video's.

Today I will be reviewing Steinjagers rear sway bar links.
Tool Bicycle part Line Font Nickel

Here are my old rear links, ya think I needed them? :rofl:
Fastener Wood Fashion accessory Ball-peen hammer Auto part

The first reason I like steinjager's rear sway bar links is because they have a heim instead of poly that will rot out over time.
A heim will never wear out with the little amount of movement it see's as a sway bar link

The second reason being not many companies make rear sway bar disconnects, rough country is only one I know of. Rough country's sway bar links are not adjustable and use rubber instead of a metal heim.

Jks's rear links also use rubber instead of a metal heim, but they are adjustable. They cost $75.

On that note the third reason is price. Steinjager's end links cost $51 where as jks which are not quick disconnect and uses poly are $75.
It is not so much that you need to disconnect the rear sway bar. It is that you might as well upgrade for cheaper!

Aside from the great price and use of a metal heim. The disconnect portion is one hand operation. You just lift the spring loaded hatch and pull off.

They are also double adjustable

Installation was a breeze. I will note that there is a hole behind the frame mount perch for the sway bar disconnects. Place a piece of cardboard behind the perch so you do not lose your new nut in the frame.

Where to buy: http://steinjager.com/shop/index.ph...Rear&tierFive=4+Inch+Lift&tierSix=&tierSeven=

Youtube Video: http://youtube/wv0uA14BBRQ

View attachment 1740737
View attachment 1740745

I will post more pics when I get time.
Thanks for listening

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I do not feel that it is ever a good idea to disconnect the rear sway bar. It makes the Jeep too unpredictable and unstable. I get all the flex I need with just the front disco'd. On an unrelated note, you should take a look at your frame. That's some pretty bad rust. Nice write-up though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not feel that it is ever a good idea to disconnect the rear sway bar. It makes the Jeep too unpredictable and unstable. I get all the flex I need with just the front disco'd. On an unrelated note, you should take a look at your frame. That's some pretty bad rust. Nice write-up though.
Its a review not a matter of whether you disconnect it or not. In the review I stated its the most capable for the money, even if you werent to disconnect it. They are the same as jks rear links but have a metal heim, are disconnectable (not saying you have to), and are almost $25 less. I know about my frame. Its what we call winter here and its to cold to take care of and paint. The salt in the northeast takes the paint off every winter.

·
Premium Member
26,495 Posts
Cracks me up how these guys keep churning out products for already saturated markets. Nothing like throwing another unremarkable product into any already crowded mix.

Oh, and there is zero reason a frame should look like that. Plenty of us live in areas that experience winter and all that goes with it. We address the issue rather than make excuses.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cracks me up how these guys keep churning out products for already saturated markets. Nothing like throwing another unremarkable product into any already crowded mix.

Oh, and there is zero reason a frame should look like that. Plenty of us live in areas that experience winter and all that goes with it. We address the issue rather than make excuses.
Jeez maybe I'll stick to wrangler forum. All you guys want to talk about is my frame. Like I said its to cold to paint, nothing I can do about it right now anyway.
I just wanted to share a good product and a good deal. I was about to go with zone offroad which is poly, unadjustable, and non disconnect for $40. I was informing you all before you ever purchase new ones for 10$ more you can get a much better product.
Im sorry for sharing.

·
Registered
639 Posts
You are in the technical questions section and not the product review section, so whether you feel the criticism is justified or not you better get used to it. Unhooking the rear sway bar is not a good idea and you will get flamed for it here.
Try pirate4x4 if you want a really cruel reaction.
Hose your frame out whenever you get a chance and it will help it last for many extra years.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Let's all agree that the rear disconnect feature is a bad idea. That fact that Rough Country is the big competition in the rear disco market is telling enough. And I would hope Wrangler Forum would be similarly critical of this product.

We are then left with rear links with heim joints (and other useless disconnect pieces). I can buy stock style rear replacement links for nearly half the cost of Steinjager. What is the real benefit of a heim joint over a rubber bushing in this application? The Antirock uses heims, but that isn't its main selling point. Does the deflection of a rubber bushing in a sway bar really matter when the whole assembly is a big spring? I will consider longevity a non-issue since my rears are going on strong after 11 years/88k miles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are in the technical questions section and not the product review section, so whether you feel the criticism is justified or not you better get used to it. Unhooking the rear sway bar is not a good idea and you will get flamed for it here.
Try pirate4x4 if you want a really cruel reaction.
Hose your frame out whenever you get a chance and it will help it last for many extra years.
Did you miss the im new to this forum? Mods please move where you feel acceptable.
I never said you had to? Im informing you of a good product?
Its winter, every hose is frozen and it to cold to paint? I dont understand why I am getting "flammed"
I am beyond confussed. I appologize for whatever I did to upset you all.
Happy jeeping, "jeep family"

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Did you miss the im new to this forum? Mods please move where you feel acceptable.
I never said you had to? Im informing you of a good product?
Its winter, every hose is frozen and it to cold to paint? I dont understand why I am getting "flammed"
I am beyond confussed. I appologize for whatever I did to upset you all.
Happy jeeping, "jeep family"
The condition of your frame is largely irrelevant to your review. We can move past that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
The set of Steinjager disco's I tested a while back were junk. Parts would wallow out axle mounts and they have rusted so bad they're unusable. I believe everyone who tested them came to that conclusion.

·
Retired
2004 Jeep Wrangler
72,546 Posts
Rear antiswaybar quick disconnects were brought out right after the TJ was introduced in '96 and some bought them until it was discovered disco'ing the rear antiswaybar is counterproductive to good offroad performance. Those quick discos died a slow death by 2000 or so. That another company has recently resurrected the idea is just more of the same, disco'ing the rear antiswaybar on a TJ is just a bad idea for both offroad and onroad use. Disco'ing the rear antiswaybar does not improve the rear axle's usable flex/articulation. And there's a huge difference between total flex and usable flex. Even the championship level rock crawlers run with various forms of front and rear antiswaybars. I do my offroading and rock crawling with a Currie Antirock antiswaybar up front and the factory rear antiswaybar with extended links in the rear. That's a superb and commonly used combination that works extremely well offroad.

In other words, your TJ will perform better both on and offroad if you leave those quick discos connected 100% of the time. Really. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like I said, you don't have to disconnect the rear, the option is just there. I only disconnected them for the video's sake.
Once again my apologies, guess some guys are just overly particular.
I don't know if the design has been changed since you tested them but I have thousands of miles on these with no problems what so ever.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I had the original rear swaybar disconnect product back in 1999. They were called TK Sliders and they lasted for exactly 1 trip on my Jeep before I took them off and threw them in the trash. Some of us have owned TJ's since they first came out and have been around the block a few times about what works and what doesn't. Rear swaybar disconnects fall squarely into the "do not work" category.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I appreciate your enthusiasm and effort, however I really don't like Jagermeister. I believe there is some correlation here even though it may only be subconscious.

Also the need for rear discos doesn't exist.

·
want it rite or rite now?
6,033 Posts
Rofl...

·
R.I.P. Knuckelhead
21,946 Posts
Like I said, you don't have to disconnect the rear, the option is just there. I only disconnected them for the video's sake.
Once again my apologies, guess some guys are just overly particular.
I don't know if the design has been changed since you tested them but I have thousands of miles on these with no problems what so ever.
AracnoTj

My Account | My Profile | Browse Members | Invite

Bel Air
19 years old
Male
The need for that option is non existent and will continue to be so for a coil sprung suspension.
No matter how hard you pedal your butt, its not going to be accepted here...
:thumbdown:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like having the option there. Say you're working on something and the sway bar link is getting in your way. Easy disconnect would be nice.

I AGREE it does not have to be disconnected which is why I have said 5 or more times ** You do not have to, It is just a review
I was not setting this up for some kind of debate or talk about my frame?

As far as the part where they wont last mine have held up amazing over 10k miles so far and a decent amount has been offroad.

What would you guys like to see a different review on? I have a ton of mods.
I do not have them up here yet but my wrangler forum profile has most of them, countryboyjeep.
I am by no means new to the jeep world. I should have seen this coming.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.