Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I have is a 1993 4.3 tbi out of an s10, installed in a 46 jeep by the previous owner.
It wants to stall at lights when warmed up. Most of the time it is revving up and down when stopped.
I have to put it in neutral at lights at times to keep it running, sometimes it will catch its self and come back to a good idle. Runs good at open throttle.
It throws a code 22 and 24. Voltage drop in the TPS system 22, and 24-vehicle speed sensor error....The rig does not have the speed sensor.

I have replaced Fuel filter, PCV, TPS, IAC, ICM, Ignition Coil, Coolant Temp Sensor.
I just check the PSI of the in line fuel pump running at 14 to 15 PSI
Checked for manifold leaks and vacuum leaks.
Cleaned EGR valve

What's next, pull the fuel regulator out and put a new one in????
Stumped!!!
Any input would be great....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had pulled it off and cleaned it but failed to check the ports. Also I compressed it and held my finger over the vacuum tube and it stayed compressed. Wonder if I should delete it.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Sounds like it's working fine. After you replaced everything did you disconnect the battery to reset everything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, did the reset several times a couple of different ways. No power brakes just power steering.
I looked close at the injectors today. Looks like they both have a steady drip....need to be cleaned or replaced? They have the cone spray and a drip in the middle....wonder if this is causing the issues....computer constantly trying to compensate...?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts