Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... 8 months ago I bought an 06 Grand Cherokee 5.7 L. In October, I replaced Shift Solenoid A. Not long after bringing it home, I started having issues with stopping. It stops but lurches forward and rpms jump up and down and bottom out, sometimes dying. Only dash light that comes on is the oil light. Now, It is lurching and dying constantly at almost every stop light, unless I put it in neutral to stop. I drive about 100 miles a day, with half of that in town. Is it my transmission? I can't seem to get any answers anywhere. I am wondering if it could possibly be the torque converter, because as I stop, there is no disengaging the forward power from the transmission, in my mind causing the lurching and then dying. HELP!!! This is my first and hopefully FOREVER Jeep and I just want her working again!!! And please be kind, as I am trying to learn how to fix it, not just write a check if ya know what I mean.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,210 Posts
AGREE wit tedmoss get codes, you will need a SCANNER the key on off trick will not show all codes..

I gotta ask you did check trans fluid?
You replaced filters?
Used ATF+4 fluid . Not universal NOT 1 type fits all just ATF+4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts