Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I came here to the JeepForum because I've been having an issue as of recently with, what I believe to be, wiring issues. I've had a new sound system installed in the Jeep 2 years ago, and recently the driver side front speaker has been randomly cutting out. Not sure what it could be since it does it so randomly.

Secondly (sorry to combine this into one post), my tachometer and speedometer have occasionally been known to start randomly jumping around. Whether it's driving highway, city, or even idling the tachometer decides to randomly start jumping. The speedometer doesn't do it as often or sporadically as the tachometer, and all the other gauges on the dash are fine.

Please advise! It's starting to get annoying, and I've been told it could be grounding wire issues... I just don't know where they are without a location description.

Thank you!

·
Wot's...uh The Deal?
6,748 Posts
Hello!

I came here to the JeepForum because I've been having an issue as of recently with, what I believe to be, wiring issues. I've had a new sound system installed in the Jeep 2 years ago, and recently the driver side front speaker has been randomly cutting out. Not sure what it could be since it does it so randomly.

Secondly (sorry to combine this into one post), my tachometer and speedometer have occasionally been known to start randomly jumping around. Whether it's driving highway, city, or even idling the tachometer decides to randomly start jumping. The speedometer doesn't do it as often or sporadically as the tachometer, and all the other gauges on the dash are fine.

Please advise! It's starting to get annoying, and I've been told it could be grounding wire issues... I just don't know where they are without a location description.

Thank you!
You should have posted this in the JY section. But since you're here...

You can download a 93-95 powertrain manual here:

I hope you're good at tracing wires.:cheers2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.