Manufacturer Sony
Recommended Yes: 13 / No: 1

A 1200watt Sony Xplode subwoofer.

#4 ·
Price $100
Pros Shallow mount
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: I mounted the shallow mount in a 1.25 cubic inch truck box to allow me to still have lots of cargo space. It sounds great! Crisp clean punch and also provides the nice low bass.

#5 ·
Price $350
Pros good all around sound
Cons take up alot of space
Recommended yes

Comments: I've have my system in three different cars (98 chevy lumina, 99 mitsubishi eclipse, and 04 WJ) and in all cars i've have had a great expirence with these subs, i have two 12 inch explode in a ported box, and love it. they sound best in my jeep. Definately two thumbs up. The price is rough because it was a holiday special. and the box was hand made to fit my first car.

#6 ·
Price $180
Pros Look very sharp, great sound both low and high
Cons Take up significant amount of room in the trunk space
Recommended yes

Comments: I purchased this pair of 12" Sony Xplod subs about 5 years ago and they are still going strong. If you were to look at them, you might even think that they could be brand new! I've always been a fan of strong bass in all of the music that I listen to and these speakers will not disappoint. With the hard top on, the Jeep itself acts almost as another box that helps the sound to reverberate and really make some noise. Also, these still have enough power and sound great with the top off while you're listening on the open road! Great speakers!

#10 ·
Price $150
Pros My subs hit pretty hard even tho its powerd by a 400watt amp
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: This production is the best bang for your buck. Im only using a 400watt amp and a 1.2 fraud cap. for my subs and they hit pretty hard and enough to make heads turn in other cars.

#11 ·
Price $60
Pros Fairly adequate on the cheap end of the price scale. Hits hard. Decent frequency response. Sounds ok for a budget speaker. Nice addition to an older vehicle's stock sound, for a little extra bump.
Cons Poorly made voice coil. Frequency response caps at 50hz low end, below that, you'll trash the sub. Tends to go with the name(explode) especially when pushed hard.
Recommended yes

Comments: Overall, the product is ok. It's a lower priced product that is better than a lot of products in the same pricetag, but there is still far better out for a little more money. If you are doing a strict budget build, or just looking for something to add to an old pre-existing system, this could work. I would recommend it to the newbies in the audio field to do some trial-and-error work with, and to just play around with the acoustical properties of your vehicle. It's great for the amateurs to the field, but if you are looking for a more professional sound, I would recommend going with a better quality item.

Specifics:
Speaker Type: Passive
Speaker Diameter: 12"
Nominal (RMS) Output Power: 350 Watt
Max (RMS) Output Power: 1200 Watt
Response Bandwidth: 30 - 1000 Hz
Input Impedance: 4 Ohm
Sensitivity: 83 dB/Watt
Magnet Type: Ferrite
Connectivity Technology: Wired
Series: Xplod

On a side note, I did have one of these from a few years ago that survived a crash that totaled the vehicle, and the sub still functioned mostly flawlessly with a bent frame, until the voicecoil melted apart from too much friction.

#12 ·
Price $74.99
Pros Hits hard, great sound quality, perfect fit for jeep
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Installed in my jeep with a jensen head unit and a kenwood 350w amp.. sub hits hard and sound quality is amazing

#15 ·
Price $100
Pros provides some low end tune
Cons not going to impress anyone....
Recommended yes

Comments: lets get real, its a single 12"sub. it's going to let you know it's there, but not overpower anything. it will porvide a beat to the music that you can feel and provide some low end rumble. but hurt the ears, probably not. and for me, that's ok. I want to hear it and feel it, not having the neighbors B...ch at me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.