Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so someone peed in the driver's seat of my TJ. Not me, that person will remain anonymous on this forum. Anyway, I need to know how to get the fabric cover off of the foam cushion so I can properly clean the fabric and foam. I'm hoping there is a way to do so without taking the entire seat out.

I'm all ears.

Litterly, my ears are pretty frackin' big.

·
Registered
908 Posts
spot shot

I use it in the house and it goes into the underpadding to clean the dog piss
smells OK too

For stubborn carpet stains that won't go away, try Spot Shot® Instant Carpet Stain Remover. Spot Shot removes spots and stains instantly, without rubbing, scrubbing, or vacuuming! Specifically formulated with powerful cleaning agents, Spot Shot removes pet stains, cola, wine, urine, shoe polish, grease, ink, lipstick, blood, and thousands of other stains.

Additionally, Spot Shot removes both oil-based and water-based stains, regardless of age, and won't leave any rings or residue.

I gurantee this to work @ like $7 a can....

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Na, tried all of that already and it still smells like a nursing home. I need to take the seat out and clean the pieces individually.

·
Registered
678 Posts
arbby said:
spot shot

I use it in the house and it goes into the underpadding to clean the dog piss
smells OK too

For stubborn carpet stains that won't go away, try Spot Shot® Instant Carpet Stain Remover. Spot Shot removes spots and stains instantly, without rubbing, scrubbing, or vacuuming! Specifically formulated with powerful cleaning agents, Spot Shot removes pet stains, cola, wine, urine, shoe polish, grease, ink, lipstick, blood, and thousands of other stains.

Additionally, Spot Shot removes both oil-based and water-based stains, regardless of age, and won't leave any rings or residue.

I gurantee this to work @ like $7 a can....
Agree 100% I use this on cat stains and it works the best. I've tried them all. It comes either in a can or a Blue spray bottle at Krogers or any major grocery chain :thumbsup:

·
Registered
678 Posts
dz1087 said:
Na, tried all of that already and it still smells like a nursing home. I need to take the seat out and clean the pieces individually.
If it soaked through/into the foam padding your never going to get rid of it unless you replace the foam. Kinda like pet stained carpet.....never really goes away.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Use the bottle of spot and unscrew it and soak it in then...ive nevr had any problems with it not removing the smell

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
all im gonna say is ewwww..i would make them pay for a new seat or make them clean it if u can...yea just clean the heck out of it

·
This is Ames Mister...
3,378 Posts
How about you just beat the crap out of whoever did it and use their blood! That's not even right, I once put a bag of dog **** in the air conditioning vent (mid-winter - worked out pretty good, only smelled when he had the heater on!) of a buddy of mine but at least he could take the bag out.

As far as taking the cover off, I believe there are some metal clips on the bottom of the seat that you have to pry apart to get the cover off. I've never looked at my TJ but my old mustang was like that. It's a real pain in the a** to do it though...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
arbby said:
spot shot

Do you work for Spot Shot? Sounds like a commercial for Spot Shot....

·
Have Jeep, Will Travel
610 Posts
dz1087 said:
Alright, so someone peed in the driver's seat of my TJ. Not me, that person will remain anonymous on this forum. Anyway, I need to know how to get the fabric cover off of the foam cushion so I can properly clean the fabric and foam. I'm hoping there is a way to do so without taking the entire seat out.

I'm all ears.

Litterly, my ears are pretty frackin' big.
Go to your local pet store and get some Nature's Miracle. Test it on the seat before you use it. It works great and it doesn't smell bad. Beware though, the directions advise to soak the affected area. It will take some time to dry.

·
Registered
116 Posts
seat

Hello, you will have to remove the seat. There are little plastic tabs that slide out on the bottom of the seat cover(kinda like the rear corner of your sft top at the bottom) anyways, once you get all of the plastic tabs undone, there are some metal bars that run perpindicular across the sitting area, they have these little metal hoops that you have to slide them out of and also they have metal hoop clips (not the proper name for the clip, can't remember) that you have to unbend and bend back when putting back together. It was a much bigger job than I anticipated but I got it off and put my seat cover in the wash machine on SOFT CYCLE. As for the foam, I would take it to the car wash and steam the **** or pee out of it!!!!:) Once you turn the seat over it will pretty much be self explanatory! Good luck!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
soak up as much as possible, then apply a heavy spray of vinegar with a spray bottle. let that sit for a few hours then clean and deodorize with an extractor of some kind, maybe take it to a professional. or better yet have who ever did this pay to have it professionally done. i own a cleaning business and from my experience the foam is gonna be the tough part. depending on the severity it may need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Chili Palmer said:
How about you just beat the crap out of whoever did it and use their blood! That's not even right, I once put a bag of dog **** in the air conditioning vent (mid-winter - worked out pretty good, only smelled when he had the heater on!) of a buddy of mine but at least he could take the bag out.
...i dont know the story or this guy, but im assuming it was his dog that peed in there. atleast I hope so

·
Registered
20 Posts
Use Super Clean. Just soak the seat and keep pressing down with a towel. When your done you will have to do all your seats because that one will look like brand new again.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts