Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, First time posting on forum. Ive exhausted all other options. I am trying to find somewhere to buy Grill Inserts. Looking for mesh or honeycombs grill inserts for a 08 WK Laredo. Hoping to get black but willing to paint them myself if needed. I'm not interested in buying the SRT grill/inserts for crazy money from dealer or Mopar etc. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked ebay and didn't see any Honeycomb, mesh etc. Style grill inserts that will fit my 08 JGC Laredo w/ 3.7. If I'm missing something or if anybody knows where else I could find them let me know. Appreciate any help in advance.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Might be better off finding one for a larger vehicle and cutting it to work. That's what I'm planning on anyway as it seems like there are really limited insert options for WKs.

·
Registered
2005 WK w/ Hemi
923 Posts
$3 piece of small mesh expanded metal from Home Depot will work for the lower portion of the grill.
See Here (pics at the end of the post)

The same material will work for the upper grill too, but you'll have to cut the pieces out for the grill slots. In order to get the mesh pattern to line up right with the lower, you may need 2 pieces for the upper portion. I haven't done my upper portion yet. Only did the lower for condenser protection.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi, First time posting on forum. Ive exhausted all other options. I am trying to find somewhere to buy Grill Inserts. Looking for mesh or honeycombs grill inserts for a 08 WK Laredo. Hoping to get black but willing to paint them myself if needed. I'm not interested in buying the SRT grill/inserts for crazy money from dealer or Mopar etc. Any help is much appreciated.
Impulse Fabrication has a honeycomb style grill insert for your WK, yet not as cheap as the Home Depot route but still another option to look at.:cheers2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the help. For some reason I just couldn't find this or anything else that fits online or elsewhere. Ordered it already and not so patiently waiting it's arrival. Now I just need to figure out the best way to paint it or what paint to use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.