Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Software update for Jeep Wrangler 2004, 2.4L ECU JEEP 56044455

697 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  kokoskoto
Hello. Jeep Wrangler 2004, 2.4L MT. I have replaced the electronic engine control unit. It needs the right setting because it doesn't work properly. We are unable to install the software update. We use HP tuners for Dodge. It has worked 10 times so far, but the menu for adding software does not open on this computer. The ECU was repaired, purchased from Autoecms. The photo is simulative.
Gas Font Machine Metal Electronic engineering
See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Does the HP tuners for 2004 Jeep Wrangler, 2.4L, really work? JTEC system. Enters the ECU, connects, but the ECU does not open the menu for inserting the updated software and does not allow the exclusion of functions from the menu.
Thoughts

Did the jeep have SKIS If The jeep did have SKIS the new PCM must be programed for those codes.
Why not contact the seller of the PCM they often will reprogram with VIN and Mileage - IIRC thats all that is needed.

Me I hate condemning a PCM, to often I see people replacing PCM's when they struggle with a problem.

one more thing jeep speak its a PCM with a gas engine ECU with diesel
OOPs the question WHY you can't program the PCM your self.... Best guess the Scanner/HPTuners is the issue.
I would start with HP tuners they have a tech website I believe.
OOPs the question WHY you can't program the PCM your self.... Best guess the Scanner/HPTuners is the issue.
I would start with HP tuners they have a tech website I believe.
Yes, the problem is that the computer does not provide the menu for entering the new settings. I wrote an email to HP Tuners, but they haven't responded for 15 days. Now we will write to them again. I read in the forum that until 2 years ago it could not be used for Jeep 2003-2004, but now it should be able to. I have doubts, maybe some change in the software and hardware is needed for the 2004 Jeep.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.