Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Loooooooooong time member (prev under a different handle) and havent posted in a couple years. I have been trying to convince the wife to get a CJ7 for a couple years now. Went and saw a CJ7 a couple years ago and she hated it because of the condition it was in whereas I saw the potential it had. Then last week we viewed a Scrambler that looked decent online, but when viewed I found the typical rotten frame spots and body. No dice on that one either. Then she finds this CJ she said she liked, but it was 3 hours away. Long weekend in Canada here to we went for a two day road trip, three hours away.... ;). Well this happend

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Nice looking Jeep, Congrats!

Something about the back just doesn’t look right…but I can’t put my finger on it.

What is under the hood?

Reactions: kavephish2.0

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1980 with T176 D300 combo, pretty sure stock diffs. 35s and a swapped in 360 carb'd with MSD. There are a couple of very minor rust spots on the body that I will address later this year. This thing shows a 9/10 at least, and drives excellent, for a CJ. The refurb looks to be 6 or 7 years old, but easily one of the nicest CJs Ive ever seen. Ive owned 4 of there CJs previously and taking your hands off the wheel at 100kmh, or even going 100kmh was a death defying feat for the young. This beauty however tracks perfectly straight at 125kmh!! She has a quick fuel 580 carb and pulls half decent, but is a bit boggy down low so I am going to attempt to tune it a bit today to try and get some better response. getting back to the wife and "it's a jeep thing", she posts on FB that "now she gets it" lol. I WIN!!! She wasnt cheap (the CJ that is), but after having done all the wrench pulling and breaking bolts I just wasnt interested in that any more, so we paid good money for a sweet pavement princess and sved all the headaches that go with an unrestored rig.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
she has an electric fan setup with prob stock radiator. Temps hit 207ish going up long hills on the way back, but stays around 185-190 just driving around. Will likely go aluminum down the road

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
The backend of it is not in your driveway? :/

Nice looking Jeep, Congrats!

Something about the back just doesn’t look right…but I can’t put my finger on it.

What is under the hood?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Those numbers are great, and why swap out radiator to an inferior one?

I would stay with what is cool, and if it pops, fix it and put it back in!

My $.02....and very nice Jeep :)

she has an electric fan setup with prob stock radiator. Temps hit 207ish going up long hills on the way back, but stays around 185-190 just driving around. Will likely go aluminum down the road

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The back end is in the driveway. We were lucky enough to be one of three or so units that can actually fit a full size pick up lol. Re the rad - I just didnt like the temp climbing up close to 210 in reasonably warm weather, and was worried about how it would be when we get an inevitable heat wave. Been out all day in it. Costs about $30 an hour in fuel to run but so worth it :).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts